Really need help (Bootloop + USB malfunction)

Embyrr

Jan 12, 2014
Visit site
Hello people!
I am in quite a predicament. I updated my tablet from Android 4.0.3 to 4.2.2 about a week ago and everything's been working fine. The other night I put it to charge to the wall (with the official USB) and when I woke up it was in a bootloop. It only does it when it's plugged in and restarts when the battery comes up, it will not start unless it is plugged in (I have tried repeatedly). On top of that, whenever I plug it into my laptop the USB is said to malfunction so I can't wipe it from Odin either. I can't enter recovery mode since the tablet refuses to start.
Can anyone point me in the right direction on what I can do? I feel like I'm out of options and I'm at a time when I really need it for work + studies...
Any help would be very much appreciated, I'll buy you a digital beer!

Golfdriver97

Trusted Member Team Leader
Dec 4, 2012
Visit site
Hello people!
I am in quite a predicament. I updated my tablet from Android 4.0.3 to 4.2.2 about a week ago and everything's been working fine. The other night I put it to charge to the wall (with the official USB) and when I woke up it was in a bootloop. It only does it when it's plugged in and restarts when the battery comes up, it will not start unless it is plugged in (I have tried repeatedly). On top of that, whenever I plug it into my laptop the USB is said to malfunction so I can't wipe it from Odin either. I can't enter recovery mode since the tablet refuses to start.
Can anyone point me in the right direction on what I can do? I feel like I'm out of options and I'm at a time when I really need it for work + studies...
Any help would be very much appreciated, I'll buy you a digital beer!

Welcome to the forums.
I would try to download and install updated Samsung Drivers for you PC. They can be found on Samsung's site. Maybe that will help.

Embyrr

Jan 12, 2014
Visit site
Thank you for the reply! I tried what you said, updated Kies to the latest version too, but the only message I keep getting is USB device not recognised, and windows saying it malfunctioned. It doesn't work on an USB port.

Golfdriver97

Dec 4, 2012
Visit site
Thank you for the reply! I tried what you said, updated Kies to the latest version too, but the only message I keep getting is USB device not recognised, and windows saying it malfunctioned. It doesn't work on an USB port.

Honestly not sure what else to suggest. With the USB port not responding, it is difficult to proceed.

Sent from my Nexus 5 using AC Forums mobile app

Embyrr

Jan 12, 2014
Visit site
Ooh :(
I'm at a loss as well. I'm using the official usb cable, but not the original charger (this is some LG one I just plug it into) and usually charge it through the wall.
I'll have to take it to a shop as the warranty has run out then.

If anyone else has any advice that might work I would highly appreciate it : )

Embyrr

Jan 12, 2014
Visit site
Just wanted to bring a conclusion to my story in case anyone else has the same problem in the future.
I took it to the shop and once they plugged it in with a stronger charger it immediately turned on. The guy's advice was to leave it off and charge it for at least six hours with the new charger and it should work perfectly then.
The charger I substituted it into (by plugging the Samsung usb into it) was too weak and wouldn't charge the battery correctly.

Golfdriver97

Dec 4, 2012
Visit site
Just wanted to bring a conclusion to my story in case anyone else has the same problem in the future.
I took it to the shop and once they plugged it in with a stronger charger it immediately turned on. The guy's advice was to leave it off and charge it for at least six hours with the new charger and it should work perfectly then.
The charger I substituted it into (by plugging the Samsung usb into it) was too weak and wouldn't charge the battery correctly.

OK. Cool. Thanks for the follow up. See you around the forums.

Sent from my Nexus 5 using AC Forums mobile app

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
KZCY