"Unfortunately, Google Play Store has stopped."

JesseTerVoert

Jul 13, 2013
Visit site
I keep getting the error message "Unfortunately, Google Play Store has stopped" every single time I launch the app.

I have cleared the cache/data/force stop and every combination thereof of Google Play Store, Services, enabled/disabled Download Manager, removed and re-entered my Google account and even factory reset the device. Twice. Just to be sure I killed everything.

I have tried every single solution I have found on the internet and I simply cannot figure out what is WRONG WITH THIS THING. At this point it's as useful to me as a 7.0 inch PAPERWEIGHT.

Can I please get some help with this? I just bought this from a friend and I wanted to use it for music purposes (with Caustic 2) as well as a bunch of other things in conjunction with the Raspberry Pi I'm ordering soon. But I can't do anything with it if I can't get any apps on it.

JesseTerVoert

Jul 13, 2013
Visit site
Screw it, I'll just root the damned thing and pirate everything.

I was going to do this legit. Buying apps and everything. But, my hand has been forced.

chadthebuilder

Jan 9, 2013
Visit site
Screw it, I'll just root the damned thing and pirate everything.

I was going to do this legit. Buying apps and everything. But, my hand has been forced.

Why would you root it to pirate apps? That is not necessary on Android devices (although I do not recommend pirating apps, as it increases your chance of malware by a huge amount) If you actually are rooting your phone, maybe you should try flashing a different ROM and see if that does anything.

Posted from my Samsung Galaxy tab with Android 4.2.2

kpsrinivasan

Jul 23, 2013
Visit site
I have this exact same problem. I have scoured the various forums and followed all the recommendations but none of them worked.

1. Download Manager is enabled
2. Cleared Google Play cache
3. Did a factory reset
4. Updated the Play store and the error changes to - No Connection

I don't know what else to do. Just as a back ground, the tab was bought in the UK, connected to Play store downloaded a few apps and it was working fine. Now it is in India, so trying to connect to the local play store in India. I don't know if that makes a difference. I don't want to root it as it is going to be used by a non-techie, so just want it to keep simple with the standard Samsung OS.

Ironically, Gmail app works, even the Google Books app downloads some of the standard books. Also one other thing I noted was that whenever I tried to browse the BBC website on the tab, it automatically redirects to m.bbc.co.uk. I wonder if there are any settings that is making the Tab think its localised to UK and hence it does not want to connect to the India Play store?

I just am not able to get my head around it.

Any help would be appreciated.

Edit - I updated the firmware to the latest version using ODIN and still the same problem.

Last edited:

slammer66

Jul 23, 2013
Visit site
my tablet google play stopped working right out of the blue today. All sorts of stuff are now broken. Anybody know what's going on?

techydavid

Sep 29, 2012
Visit site
If you are rooting. Flash a custom ROM. Samsung has never had a stable ROM for this, never will, and the community can do much better than the biggest, most known android based company in the world. Fail Samsung fail,

Posted via Android Central App

Manuj Bhatnagar

Sep 11, 2013
Visit site
Bought Galaxy S IV a month back paying little less than I phone 5 thinking it is equally good phone but it is useless. In 1 month since I have bought it, I have factory reset it once and still it hangs as and when it likes, google play store refuse to launch, application and software start shutting down by itself. Overall it is a worst phone I have ever used. I have to shut down atleast 5-6 times a day so that I can receive calls on my phone. I would advice anyone who has plans to buy Samsung phones NOT TO BUY. IT IS THE WORST PHONE I HAVE EVER USED...ITS A JUNK>>>>

techydavid

Sep 29, 2012
Visit site
Bought Galaxy S IV a month back paying little less than I phone 5 thinking it is equally good phone but it is useless. In 1 month since I have bought it, I have factory reset it once and still it hangs as and when it likes, google play store refuse to launch, application and software start shutting down by itself. Overall it is a worst phone I have ever used. I have to shut down atleast 5-6 times a day so that I can receive calls on my phone. I would advice anyone who has plans to buy Samsung phones NOT TO BUY. IT IS THE WORST PHONE I HAVE EVER USED...ITS A JUNK>>>>

yup. Sammy once sold me a phone for 500 biggies that sucks more than 80$ phones today. I am having to flash a custom ROM just to get stability on my gtab 2.

Posted via my weird GT-P3113

junaid mj

Oct 12, 2013
Visit site
Hi everyone, Just wanted to post this as I have found it to be useful for me.

I am sure some of you have seen this issue before or are experiencing it now. I have included a link to the youtube video.

what is the issue?
Recently after downloading the newest play store I started seeing an error message about unfortunately the process gapps has stopped working .

this was happening whenever i tried to add an account and when opening some of my apps including the browser and play store
it was annoying me but it would go away and the app would immediately open for me after so it was not that big of a problem.

I tried to solve the problem first by uninstalling updates to the play store in application manager
then by flashing roms and factory resetting

, however this did not help at all.
l
. finally last night at work my phone had three random reboots . my phone has never done that before

. I searched on google and found a very easy fix and once again my phone is like new
the fix.

settings/ application manager/scroll to left until you reach the all applications screen/ touch menu screen left of the home button/ reset app preferences.
here is the youtube link
How to fix Unfortunately, the process com.google.process.gapps has stopped - YouTube

akimighty

Nov 1, 2013
Visit site
I keep getting the error message "Unfortunately, Google Play Store has stopped" every single time I launch the app.

I have cleared the cache/data/force stop and every combination thereof of Google Play Store, Services, enabled/disabled Download Manager, removed and re-entered my Google account and even factory reset the device. Twice. Just to be sure I killed everything.

I have tried every single solution I have found on the internet and I simply cannot figure out what is WRONG WITH THIS THING. At this point it's as useful to me as a 7.0 inch PAPERWEIGHT.

Can I please get some help with this? I just bought this from a friend and I wanted to use it for music purposes (with Caustic 2) as well as a bunch of other things in conjunction with the Raspberry Pi I'm ordering soon. But I can't do anything with it if I can't get any apps on it.

Thanks a lot junaid....my grand was a grand disappntment with this error...u saved me 18k;)

Last edited by a moderator:

seamus07

Feb 9, 2015
Visit site
My Samsung Tab 2 is showing this error "Unfortunately, Google Play Store has stopped."
Please tell me what to do as i do not want my phone to be formatted as i will loose all my contacts.
Please help me. :'(

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Non