Help with battery problem!

Wiyeck

Aug 27, 2013
Visit site
Hello, I got my Samsung Galaxy Tab 2 7.0 at the end of last year and since that moment it has become my everyday device. Since some days ago I started seeing that my tablet started charging very fast as it reached 100% of battery in a very short period of time, but I only unplugged the charger and plugged in again and it started charging again from 99% until it reached the real 100% of charge, which took more time than the normal 99-100% because it was actually charging the device battery which was not actually in 99%.
This did not bother me that much since it was easily fixed, but since yesterday the problem became very problematic. Now my tablet may say that it is in 100% but it will discharge very fast, every couple of minutes may take 5% or more from the battery percent and if I turn off the device it may not turn on again until I plug-in it with the charge, after this it will not show me the normal battery symbol being charged but the battery symbol with a "!" in a triangle indicating that the battery is critically low, even if I turned off the device with more than 40% of battery. After a short period of time it will start showing me the normal symbol of the battery charging and I will be able to turn the device again to discover it now says it only has 3,4 or 5% of battery!!. Then it will start charging somehow fast until it reached a medium or high level of % and then it will start to discharge (even with the charger connected). For example: now it says I have 96% of battery and it is charging, a minute later I will only have 93%. Some days before the problem became this critical I observed that while the battery life was normal, it stood at 10% for a lot of time until it finally turned off, which came as a surprise for me.
I feared that the problem was my battery, until I started looking for solutions and discovered that it may be that the device has a problem of sync with the battery. I tried some apps to calibrate the battery, but they need the device to be rooted, so it will not work for me. I dont know what to do now and I really need the tablet to work properly as it is my personal device and computer which I use for keeping in touch with family, news, fun and many other things.
I lack of too much knowledge about this kind of devices, but I would appreciate a lot if someone can tell me what the problem is after reading my description and the possible solutions. Thank you very much!

Golfdriver97

Trusted Member Team Leader
Dec 4, 2012
Visit site
Hello, I got my Samsung Galaxy Tab 2 7.0 at the end of last year and since that moment it has become my everyday device. Since some days ago I started seeing that my tablet started charging very fast as it reached 100% of battery in a very short period of time, but I only unplugged the charger and plugged in again and it started charging again from 99% until it reached the real 100% of charge, which took more time than the normal 99-100% because it was actually charging the device battery which was not actually in 99%.
This did not bother me that much since it was easily fixed, but since yesterday the problem became very problematic. Now my tablet may say that it is in 100% but it will discharge very fast, every couple of minutes may take 5% or more from the battery percent and if I turn off the device it may not turn on again until I plug-in it with the charge, after this it will not show me the normal battery symbol being charged but the battery symbol with a "!" in a triangle indicating that the battery is critically low, even if I turned off the device with more than 40% of battery. After a short period of time it will start showing me the normal symbol of the battery charging and I will be able to turn the device again to discover it now says it only has 3,4 or 5% of battery!!. Then it will start charging somehow fast until it reached a medium or high level of % and then it will start to discharge (even with the charger connected). For example: now it says I have 96% of battery and it is charging, a minute later I will only have 93%. Some days before the problem became this critical I observed that while the battery life was normal, it stood at 10% for a lot of time until it finally turned off, which came as a surprise for me.
I feared that the problem was my battery, until I started looking for solutions and discovered that it may be that the device has a problem of sync with the battery. I tried some apps to calibrate the battery, but they need the device to be rooted, so it will not work for me. I dont know what to do now and I really need the tablet to work properly as it is my personal device and computer which I use for keeping in touch with family, news, fun and many other things.
I lack of too much knowledge about this kind of devices, but I would appreciate a lot if someone can tell me what the problem is after reading my description and the possible solutions. Thank you very much!

Welcome to the forums!
You can try calling Samsung, they may have an alternative for you. You are probably still under warranty, so that would be a second reason to call them anyway. DO you remember when exactly you got the device? Like the receipt?

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
123dzo