Samsung Galaxy Tab 3: Who's getting one ??

lulufarn

Aug 1, 2013
Visit site
I picked up the Tab3 8 inch and love it. The 8 inch screen is the sweet spot for me the 7 inch screen on my Nexus 7 was just a little too small oh and comparing to my quad core Tegra 3 Nexus 7 the Samsung Tab3 8 does everything faster so don't get too hung up on the processor only being dual core it is more than enough to power this tab well. I am very impressed with the construction and the performance of this tablet.

I hope u or someone reading this can help me. I just got the samsung galaxy tab 3 and i like it. I like to peruse pinterest, when i find an item i like, i find it VERY HARD if not IMPOSSIBLE to repin it. can someone tell me how to re-pin on my board?

mission_mode

Aug 4, 2011
Visit site
Funny you say that, I thought I was noticing it too. When you say no new apps, does that include updates? There were a number of updates including the "Allsharecast dongle..."

EDIT: A restart did seem to resolve it though. I think that's the first time I've restarted it since I got it.

mission_mode

Aug 4, 2011
Visit site
I believe that it was Facebook and Gmail that I particularly noticed it on. they are the 2 apps I start most often so that would make the most sense in terms of me noticing. I've just tried a number of things and I don't notice any lag at this point. But I did feel either last night or first thing this morning that it was taking a while for them to switch/load.

chadthebuilder

Jan 9, 2013
Visit site
Funny you say that, I thought I was noticing it too. When you say no new apps, does that include updates? There were a number of updates including the "Allsharecast dongle..."

EDIT: A restart did seem to resolve it though. I think that's the first time I've restarted it since I got it.

Restarting will clear the RAM, close all open apps, ect. If you haven't restarted in a while, it will slow down once it starts running out of RAM.

Posted from my new Nexus 7

mission_mode

Aug 4, 2011
Visit site
Restarting will clear the RAM, close all open apps, ect. If you haven't restarted in a while, it will slow down once it starts running out of RAM.

Posted from my new Nexus 7

That's only supposed to be true if you aren't closing Apps, and Android is also supposed to take care of that. Like most computers it is still a good idea to restart and clean it up a bit more fully now and then.

But we still don't know if HurrycaneJohn has seen an improvement from restarting as well.

Hurrycanejohn

Jul 18, 2013
Visit site
Mission_mode

I always clear the cache and make sure to end active apps. I also power off my tablet overnight. I 've not seen any lagging thus far.

Posted via Android Central App

Chiefmcfuz

Jun 28, 2010
www.manhattanreefs.com
App updates there have been. I had restarted a few times. I did a factory reset and got a firmware update about 2 hours ago. Restarted after that now very little lag. I was getting lag opening every app, surfing the web playing games, everything. Seems like it's been fixed. I will keep you posted.

SuperXstyle

May 23, 2013
Visit site
In addition to the Nexus 7.2, I have bought a Samsung Galaxy Tab 3 7" 8gb WiFi, from John Lewis (uk store) for ?179.99 (and Belkin case for ?25).
Smooth Tri-Fold Cover with Stand for Samsung Galaxy Tab 3 7.0 | Tablet Cases | Cases & Protection | Products | Belkin UK site
However, it's for my parents to use more as a lavish digital photo frame! I was going to get the Kindle Fire HD, and even considered the Nook HD+, but then saw the SGT3, and game over. Will have a play in the morning when adding photos to it... the SD Card can come later.

Last edited:

AssemblyGuy

Aug 24, 2013
Visit site
I've have had my Tab 3 8.0 for 4 weeks and absolutely love it. Yes, it doesn't have the juice that other tabs do, but you really don't notice that. I am not a gamer (except for Solitaire and Fruit Ninja), which may change that, but for the productivity activities I do, it works great. One item I used yesterday, and was a selling point for me, was multi window. I was making a schedule for church in Polaris and had the calendar up as well, so I didn't have to switch between apps, and that's sweet. Also, I remote into my home iMac using LogMeIn, and the display detail is awesome for that. Even though it is small, you know what you are seeing. I hear complaints about TouchWiz, but I really like how it integrates all the functions of the device together, making navigation easy and intuitive. On my last tablet, I used Swiftkey for the keyboard. It is nice that it is pre-loaded on the Tab 3, because I do a lot of note-taking. The Peel app and the IR blaster is nice, Smart Stay to keep the screen on is very handy, and the DLNA capabilities that are enhanced by Samsung link are very good. Of course, it is an 8.0 inch device, which is the perfect size to me. This isn't a device I got just for that, but also the capabilities it has as well. You have to look beyond the specs and see if it works for you; it does for me.

L Kirsh

Aug 24, 2013
Visit site
Got my Tab 3 8" almost 2 weeks ago at Costco and OMG for once I'm am so happy with a product it will be a cold day in he'll when you can pry it from my hands... Got it for the simple reason not to take my 13.3" laptop to the kids after school stuff and still get some work done..... Now if I could just get my S3 not to lag life might almost be perfect!

Posted via Android Central App

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
dumpsterrentals38