Galaxy Tab 3 8.0 Netflix problem

xouttacontrolx

Jul 7, 2014
Visit site
So when i open netflix click on a movie to watch my play bar will go on and off when you touch the screen but like 5 secs after. It will hide then when I go to try get the bar to go up like if you wanted pause it will pop up within like a milisec will disappear. It is like something is blocking it how it goes down so fast after touching the screen. If anyone has any info on this lemme know couldnt find much on this at all cant pause screen. Thank you

depechemodegurl

Jun 4, 2010
Visit site
So when i open netflix click on a movie to watch my play bar will go on and off when you touch the screen but like 5 secs after. It will hide then when I go to try get the bar to go up like if you wanted pause it will pop up within like a milisec will disappear. It is like something is blocking it how it goes down so fast after touching the screen. If anyone has any info on this lemme know couldnt find much on this at all cant pause screen. Thank you
I am having the same issue, not sure if it's from the latest Netflix update or from the kit kat update.

Michael Castle

Apr 15, 2014
Visit site
Same has just happened to my tab 3 8...Was totally fine before the update a few days ago.... Makes a joke of paying for Netflix if you can't access the bars....

r1moose

Jul 11, 2014
Visit site
Exact same scenario for me.
I resorted to resetting my tab, and finding an old apk for Netflix. It still does it.
It can only be an incompatibility between netflix and kitkat on the model of tablet. Lame. Might have to root the tab and find a jelly bean rom, which would be a backward step.
Come on Netflix, sort this out.

dibnah

Jul 13, 2014
Visit site
I have this same issue on a Pipo M6 Pro since about easter. I have reported it but had no response. I get this on Jellybean and Kitkat. so dont bother reflashing JB, your best bet is to find a netflix from pre-April. I ahve also found that Netflix apps since Feb have required more and more CPu cycles causing glitching on playback on full HD Android devices when plugged in a TV. Again the solution is to get a Pre-Feb Netflix APK

r1moose

Jul 11, 2014
Visit site
I tried an old apk (1.8.1) and although it was smoother and buffered much much less, the on screen controls still misbehaved for me. Apk 1.3.0 won't even run.

Bad Whippet

Jul 14, 2014
Visit site
Having exactly the same problem. It was working fine for me until the Kitkat update. The only way to rewind etc now is to exit, then restart the app, and use the controls IMMEDIATELY (there are a couple of seconds grace).

After that, the screen display controls simply won't work.

r1moose

Jul 11, 2014
Visit site
....waiting in hope for a Netflix update. Not holding my breath though, and dread to think what advice I'll get from their support.

thegreatswalmi

Sep 6, 2013
Visit site
same for me. like duke, not a horrible thing, but kind of annoying, especially since some of those controls are awfully handy. just updated to kitkat this morning, and that's when it started for me.

BadBrummie

Jul 19, 2014
Visit site
Same problem here, right after the update. You would think Samsung would test it with some of the most popular apps, like Netflix, before releasing an update, or in this case a down-date!!:(

imex99

May 16, 2010
Visit site

Same issue on my sprint tab 3 7.0

Jazzy84

Aug 10, 2014
Visit site
Since that update, I'd been googling Netflix app problems with general term "Samsung". Results really made me feel like I was alone in this. Today I finally put "galaxy tab 3" and I'm so glad to know it's not only me!! I've been having the exact same issue as everyone else. It wouldn't bother me so much, but I use my tablet at work. I have to pause a LOT. As everyone else here knows, it flashes on & off the screen really fast, & I've found that if you tap it quickly enough times, it eventually catches. When someone approaches me at work, I'm sure I look like a crazy person tapping the screen like a maniac. This is just really getting old. Hopefully this issue is on someone's radar and is in the process of being corrected. I've been thinking of just buying an ipad and retiring this tablet over this problem. Netflix & Sims are literally ALL I use my tablet for. Please fix!!!!