Why have my headphones stop working after unplugging and re-plugging them in?

kabuto93

Jan 26, 2011
Visit site
Headphones Stop Working After Unplugging and Replugging

My headphones stop working occasionally after I unplug them and plug them into my laptop and then plug them back into my tablet. It doesn't happen everytime, but it happens enough to be a nuisance. The "Recommended apps (Earphones)" bar shows up so I know that my tablet sees the headphones, but adjusting volume and such doesn't change that there is no sound coming from them. Restarting my tablet fixes the problem for a bit, but it happens multiple times a day even after doing a factory reset.

Does anyone have any advice on how to fix this?

oneeyecarpenter

Jul 6, 2014
Visit site
Re: Headphones Stop Working After Unplugging and Replugging

Check your player settings. It probably stops when unpluged because that is the default setting,but you can enable player to start when you plug in.

kabuto93

Jan 26, 2011
Visit site

This happens in every app, not just my media player, whether I plug in the headphones before opening it or after.

oneeyecarpenter

Jul 6, 2014
Visit site

Have you checked system settings for sound? Maybe plug the earphones in while on the settings page just for grins to see if there is a change in levels. I'm assuming you can move around your phone while media player is active? I also assume you tried other headphones,earbuds too?

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
danishpeer