Galaxy Tab Pro 12.2 and Samsung Allshare/Samsung Link

Eric Gooch

Dec 27, 2014
Visit site
Hi, I'm wondering if anyone can direct me to information on how to get Samsung Allshare (which has apparently been renamed to Samsung Link) working properly.
I haven't had much luck yet.

My wife is a teacher, and is trying to get a Samsung tablet (SM-T9000ZXAXAR) to display to a Samsung LED display monitor (MD65C).

Here's what I know so far:
Both the tablet and the monitor are attached to the same wifi network.
The monitor has Allshare installed by default.
I've made sure that the tablet has Samsung Link installed.

What I don't understand is how to "register" a device for Allshare. I read in another thread someone said something about going to a website to register, but I don't know what site that is.

Currently, when I select an image or a video on the tablet to try to send to the monitor, the monitor isn't "seen" as something I can connect to.
And if I bring up the settings on the tv for allshare, no devices are registered.

Questions:
There's an "Allowed devices list" but it's empty. How do you allow devices?
On the TV, under Allshare settings, it says "No equipment stored." How does one store equipment?
When I turn on "Nearby Devices" in the tablet settings (on the Connections page), am I supposed to see the TV listed?
The tablet also has something called "Screen Mirroring". Is this related to Allshare, or is it separate?

Any help appreciated!
:'(

treetopsranch

Jun 13, 2014
Visit site
Eric, I use this to share stuff from my 12.2 to a TV using wi fi. Would this work for you?

Robot Check

Edited to add that I have no idea why the link says Robot Check. It's a link to Amazon and OK to click on it.

This thing is somewhat difficult to get working but once you know how it works every time. I can help you get started if you buy it.

Eric Gooch

Dec 27, 2014
Visit site
Thanks treetopsranch, if we can't get this figured out, I'll check out that box. I wonder what happens if a second person with a different device tries to send to the monitor?

My wife would like to use this with students, and is looking for a way that they could send what they're working on to the monitor.

treetopsranch

Jun 13, 2014
Visit site
Well that sure could get might confusing. Several kids trying to send stuff at the same time. Never going to happen. Maybe if the teacher carefully controls the access so that only one student at a time can access the wi fi then just maybe it might work. You could try it at home first with two people and see if that works. This whole wi fi from tablet to a TV is really in the beginning stage of development and I suspect that if the students don't all have the same exact tablet then it would just be a nightmare. She will find that it will be more work and time than its worth. (Just to get it up and running for all students) Just to get this Samsung hub working requires several steps of operation in the proper sequence.