Samsung 12.2 Tablet Limps Along...

caseous

Sep 25, 2015
Visit site
Hi there. My Samsung 12.2 Tablet is a little more than a year old (2 months out of warranty) 6 months into owning it, it started to flash over and over the more the battery drained. It would shut down halfway through the battery cycle and reset itself, not turning back on unless it was plugged in. I tried everything I could try I could find online to fix it but called Samsung, who ran me through the factor resets and then had me send it in. I got it back, but the same problem returned a few months later (still in warranty). The same process followed. Now, it's back to doing the same thing. However, Ever since I installed the new Lollipop update, it shuts down all applications because it says it's overheating. Essentially, the tablet is unusable. I've reinstalled the update and reset the tablet back to defaults - no change. I have no idea what was done both times when Samsung had it, but nothing has changed and now it's much worse. I feel like I've spent a lot of time trying to make it work, resetting it and reinstalling my apps and accounts and out of ideas. I don't know how to get Samsung and take this seriously and either fix it or replace it. Any ideas? Has anyone seen problems like these in their tablet? Thanks, CC

Beut

Apr 29, 2015
Visit site
Read the topic : " Screen Flickering ", the last page, you will find the fix.
Re solder the battery connector is all you need to do, nothing else will fix this problem.
If you like, call Samsung and insist to talk with a suppervisor for the flaw of this tablet: flickering screen , refuse the out of warranty payment, they will fix it for free . CSR is the lowest level, they cannot do anything , but upper personnels can resolve this problem in your favor if you're consistent to blame the flaw of battery connector .
Or open a ticket, send it for repair . When they ask for repair cost, file a complaint with BBB, they will help you . BBB is very powerful and it works all the time in my favor for every complaint I filed .

Last edited:

caseous

Sep 25, 2015
Visit site
Thanks for your reply. What about the overheating? Could it be related? It began immediately after I installed the update a few days ago and happens about every 5 minutes.

Beut

Apr 29, 2015
Visit site
Cracked battery connector causes quick discharge , overheating , flickering , auto restart , auto shutdown , etc....

caseous

Sep 25, 2015
Visit site
Thanks for your reply. They are now offering me a Galaxy Note 12.2 SM-P9000ZWVXAR as a replacement. Do you think this suffers from the same problem?

Beut

Apr 29, 2015
Visit site
Thanks for your reply. They are now offering me a Galaxy Note 12.2 SM-P9000ZWVXAR as a replacement. Do you think this suffers from the same problem?
They are almost identical and have the same problems. The one they offer is a White Note Pro, 32GB.
This is a Galaxy Note
polignxih9ttxty6g.jpg

This is a Galaxy Tab with no S Pen connector on mainboard used in a Note Pro LCD.
The Note Pro and Tab Pro have most identical parts, I have used the Tab Pro mainboard in a Note Pro without problem.

ayl6s8bsbrjlcpk6g.jpg

Last edited: