Question Android 13: Tablet going into sleep mode despite current activity

Lunatika

Oct 9, 2023
Visit site
Since upgrading to android 13, my Lenovo tab M10 plus 3rd gen tablet starts randomly going into sleep mode/lock screen despite the fact I'm actually using it. It's not due to screen timeout. If I rotate the tablet upside down - it stops happening 🤯

Any ideas?

Happens with various apps
Screen timeout is set to 5 mins
Display is set to auto-rotate
I'm always in portrait mode
Non-rooted, still in warranty

I'm running Go Launcher, and my tablet's other info is below.

Thank you

Screenshot_20231010-095634.png

Lunatika

Oct 9, 2023
Visit site
Good suggestion, I never thought of that. I'm a vaper so I do sometimes have a device near my tablet which has magnetic panels.

I'll see if it triggers without a magnet near it

B. Diddy

Senior Ambassador
Mar 9, 2012
Visit site
Does it have a flipcover? If so, 3rd party case manufacturers sometimes use embedded magnets (designed to activate the smartcover sensor when closed) in the cover that are too strong, and therefore can activate the smartcover sensor in the bezel when the cover is folded back behind the tablet.

Lunatika

Oct 9, 2023
Visit site
Does it have a flipcover? If so, 3rd party case manufacturers sometimes use embedded magnets (designed to activate the smartcover sensor when closed) in the cover that are too strong, and therefore can activate the smartcover sensor in the bezel when the cover is folded back behind the tablet.

Yes it does have a cover. And you totally nailed the issue and solution. Without the case, it's working perfectly - so I'll try a different case.

Thank you so much for your help (y) I was so solely focused on blaming software and hardware that I never considered anything external.

Cheers 😊