Samsung galaxy tab 10.5 internal stoage full...help

Deefsail

Jul 15, 2015
Visit site
You backup your files to the pc. After you have partitioned your sdcard, put the files back on it. When you insert the card back in it will ask you which script, ext2, 3 ,4 etc.. Then you can link apps to the system partitions.

Did you use something like Titanium to do the backup?
I am working with a 128 gigabyte SD card so I will probably need to partition this into more usable chunks of memory. Backing up is always a good practice anyways. Right now I have no backup.
One of their problems with APPMGRIII is that every time an app is updated, you have to again move the same app to the SD card, which is annoying. Does that problem persist with Link2SD?

Posted via the Android Central App

wally18324

Jun 30, 2012
Visit site
you have both options, if you partition your sdcard. Download the mini partition tool (its free). Easy to use. You can link everything to sdcard. When doing so, don't do system apps.

wally18324

Jun 30, 2012
Visit site
I installed unofficial twrp 2.8.5.0 on XDA. Used that to backup stock rooted rom. With link2sd it will move the app for you. I have the option to link them or move them to sdcard. More advantages with link2sd. With a 128gb card, some serious storage. I think that's the largest card the tablet can do. Enjoy

supergeoffy

Dec 5, 2014
Visit site
I'm having the same issue with my Galaxy Tab S10.5. 16GB internal memory and 64GB micro SD card.

When try to use Samsung's built in Move To SD Card feature, not only does the total storage usage of an app increase, but it still takes up an excessive footprint in the internal storage. See these 2 screens shots of the before and after move of Microsoft Word to the SD Card.

Thoughts?

Attachments

• Screenshot_2015-10-02-16-59-24.jpg
    Screenshot_2015-10-02-16-59-24.jpg
    22.7 KB · Views: 83
  • Screenshot_2015-10-02-16-58-55.jpg
    Screenshot_2015-10-02-16-58-55.jpg
    23.4 KB · Views: 83

Deefsail

Jul 15, 2015
Visit site
http://www.droidviews.com/root-samsung-galaxy-tab-s-with-one-click-cf-auto-root-tool/

My thoughts are that rooting this tablet has become a major pain, as is dealing with internal and external memory. Do not use this link, as it is full of malware and very deceptive. You need to backup your tablet before rooting, and in order to back up your tablet the rooting needs to be done first.

Not happy.

Deefsail

Jul 15, 2015
Visit site
I installed unofficial twrp 2.8.5.0 on XDA. Used that to backup stock rooted rom. With link2sd it will move the app for you. I have the option to link them or move them to sdcard. More advantages with link2sd. With a 128gb card, some serious storage. I think that's the largest card the tablet can do. Enjoy

Twrp 2.8.5.0 on XDA?

vider

Aug 17, 2016
Visit site
Install a marshmallow ROM. I am running an AOSP 6.0.1 ROM on my T800. Marshmallow let's you format your microsd as internal storage. It's brought new life to my Tab S. No more running out of space.

vitalxs

Jan 12, 2017
Visit site
It appears I have a different issue with my galaxy tab than is described here. It is also running out of space however there is something else going on that I can't figure out. When I go to settings, storage, it shows the following:
Total space 16gb
System memory 5.69gb
Used 8.8gb
Cached 553mb
Misc 177mb
Available 848mb

When I click on Used Space I get:
Applications 7.64gb
Pictures,videos 1gb
Downloads 69mb

When I further click on Applications I get:
Google Earth 1.05gb
Google play services 235mb
And then a bunch of smaller apps that clearly do not take 6gb, may be another 2gb at the most.

I cannot find what is taking the other 4gb. I tried all different kinds of file managers with the same result. I do not have any other user profiles except guest that can't be removed. It is not rooted.

I have to say that the problem started after I did add another user with a bunch of files, but then I deleted it after I started running out of space. However, even though the other user profile is deleted, the space did not seem to reallocate.

Does anyone know how to resolve it without rooting it? It seems like a bug to me...

Deefsail

Jul 15, 2015
Visit site
As this is a bit older thread but I have just figured out the solution to the problem in this thread. App Manager III works much better if your tablet is rooted. I was finally able to root my Samsung tablet after many many attempts. Anyone who says rooting your tablet is a piece of cake then is not a beginner. You have to have some experience. Experience is gained by failing. I was worried about bricking my tablet.
So after rooting my tablet the first thing I did is Grant app manager III Superuser access, which you can only Grant if you have rooted your tablet.

MBSLK

Jun 30, 2014
Visit site
Install a marshmallow ROM. I am running an AOSP 6.0.1 ROM on my T800. Marshmallow let's you format your microsd as internal storage. It's brought new life to my Tab S. No more running out of space.

I have same unit: Samsung Galaxy Tablet SM-T800, and Marshmallow 6.0.1 but I cannot find the way to set up the SD card as Internal memory. Pls help!

MBSLK

Jun 30, 2014
Visit site
Aah now I realize that the difference is AOSP (Android Open Source Project) 6.0.1 ROM!

And that sw does not bring any other problems to the functionality?

Deefsail

Jul 15, 2015
Visit site
What is sw? What is the difference you realize? I still run Lollipop as originally installed but the tablet is rooted now. I regularly run out of internal memory.
I thought perhaps that marshmallow might fix this.

MBSLK

Jun 30, 2014
Visit site
Like user "vider" explains, he got AOSP (Android Open Source Project) 6.0.1 ROM om his SM-T800 and that let's you format your micro SD card as internal storage

Marshmallow which I have is just Marschmallow 6.0.1, which I got with automatic upgrade. I think thats making the difference.

That`s how I understand this whole thing. And I´m not willing to try to install AOSP (Android Open Source Project) 6.0.1 ROM to my tablet. I have no experience in that! I just removed many apps, to make mote space on the internal memory. So far so good, But my next tablet will have more space, for sure!

(sw = software)

Deefsail

Jul 15, 2015
Visit site
Automatic upgrade? My tablet came with Lollipop 5.0 2 and I have never received any upgrade from Samsung or from Google. of course now that it is rooted I would prefer to not have marshmallow unless I could also root that version of Android. coming over from Apple I mistakenly thought that Android would be much more flexible. I was wrong.

Beut

Apr 29, 2015
Visit site
What is sw? What is the difference you realize? I still run Lollipop as originally installed but the tablet is rooted now. I regularly run out of internal memory.
I thought perhaps that marshmallow might fix this.

If you're rooted, try Folder Mount
https://forums.androidcentral.com/e...s?id=com.devasque.fmount&hl=en&token=aHOU-kCS

This app has the ability to link folders in your internal sdcard to folders in your external sdcard thereby populating the internal sdcard folders with content that really exists in the external card. This helps us free space and have multiple games/apps with big data stored simultaneously without the need to uninstall.