8.4 Lollipop Available in Korea only. Still waiting on other regions

Aredubu

Jan 11, 2013
Visit site
Re: 8.4 Lollipop Rolling out now (non LTE in Korea Only Apparently)

I just got the update this morning. Finally! I really like it. I have the Korean 32 GB version even though I live in Florida.

Posted via the Android Central App

sushiguy732

Jan 11, 2011
Visit site

I just got the update this morning. Finally! I really like it. I have the Korean 32 GB version even though I live in Florida.

Was it OTA or did you sideload it?

Aredubu

Jan 11, 2013
Visit site

OTA

Sent from my SM-T700 using Tapatalk

BioFanatic

Nov 15, 2012
Visit site

Thanks for the update! When you say you have a "Korean version," what exactly does that mean? You bought the device in Korea? The OTA was in Korean? haha, I'm so confused (and jealous!).

Aredubu

Jan 11, 2013
Visit site

I bought a tablet on ebay that is sold in Korea because Best Buy was not offering the 32 GB version yet. The default language is Korean, but I changed the default language to English. I still get an occasional Korean holiday in my calendar, but everytning else is in US English. Somehow this morning I had an update message stating that the download was 800+ Mb. The whole process took a little less than an hour to update. Running great! I did trigger the Developer mode and switch the animations to .5. Made an even bigger difference.

Sent from my SM-T700 using Tapatalk

BioFanatic

Nov 15, 2012
Visit site

Ok, this is getting stupid. Where the f*** is Lollipop for my wifi model?
It's been weeks now. Hell, the LTE model's update is apparently released already.

(Notice how I went from patient, to a little frustrated, to full-out pissed off? haha)

sushiguy732

Jan 11, 2011
Visit site

Not in Florida yet

People! It's not out anywhere yet except Korea. So unless you're in Korea, or have a Korean tablet in the United States, you are not getting update until it's released.

AlphaVictor87

Jul 5, 2012
Visit site

People! It's not out anywhere yet except Korea. So unless you're in Korea, or have a Korean tablet in the United States, you are not getting update until it's released.

Updated the title of the thread so people maybe understand better. Little bit my fault :)

bumpandrun

May 10, 2011
Visit site

This is my first Samsung device (always been an HTC guy). Samsung SUCKS at updating software!

Aredubu

Jan 11, 2013
Visit site
I have my Korean version up for sale on Swappa if anyone is interested. I think I am staying with my Nvidia Shield tablet for now.

Sent from my SHIELD Tablet using Tapatalk

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
smokedog87