Microsd car usage

Vickhi26

Jun 27, 2015
Visit site
OK here goes.

I have a Tab S 16G edition with a 32G micro sd card in it. I am so totally not a geek and I cannot figure out how to use the sd card. I have the ES file manager app loaded and cannot figure out how to use it. I am an avid reader and what I am trying to do is load my VERY extensive Kindle library [500+books] onto the tablet as well as my almost as extensive Audible audio book library [well over 100+ there]. I can and will get a larger card if anyone thinks it's needed.

My old tablet was a 32G Nexus 7 and it had no problems with the Kindle library or a large portion of my audio book collection. The Tab S is wifi only and I probably won't be storing much of anything on it outside of my two libraries which is why I went with the 32G card and not a bigger one. I understand I can hook the tablet up to my laptop [I have done so] and it will [and does] show both the tablet and the sd card.

How do I transfer stuff over to the tablet/card? I already have a few books loaded onto the tablet so I'd have something to read until I got this figured out. Do I need to delete anything so as to start "fresh" with the Kindle app? Can I leave the apps on the tablet and load the "books", both written and audible, on the sd card along with a few music files?? I've tried transfering the apps over to the sd card using the tablet itself and not the ES app. Afterward the icons showing those apps were "faded" as though they were there but not accessible. I moved them back.

HELP!!

Take Care,
Vickhi26

Rukbat

Retired Moderator
Feb 12, 2012
Visit site
In ES File Explorer, long-press something you want to copy. You'll get a line of checkboxes at the right. Tap everything else you want to copy, one at a time. Their checkboxes will get checked. Tap Copy down at the bottom. Go to where you want them. Tap Paste down at the bottom. Wait until it finishes pasting them all.

SkypilotOfHope

Sep 19, 2012
Visit site
In settings, applications, see if it gives the option to move the app to the sd card? I did this with my Kobo app.

Posted from my M9

Vickhi26

Jun 27, 2015
Visit site
Ok First a couple million apologies for taking so long to reply to this. I hadn't realized just how long it had been since I did the original post..

BUT! I'm still in the same boat. I can't move something if I can't find the file. I have no idea where my Kindle or Audible book files are stored on my tablet or my phone. If I tap on the Kindle file icon while I'm on ES File Explorer, I get a file icon labeled "acw". Click on that and all the screen shows is "empty folder"! I have moved every app I could to the sd card, and even with what books and audiobooks I've downloaded to those two particular apps on the tablet, my sd card is showing almost 30g available out of 32. Somehow I don't think that's where the files are. Also ES FE is also showing my Download folder as empty so where did everything go?

I spend a good deal of time traveling and I'd much rather take my tablet along rather than have to haul my 17" laptop around in order to have access to my library, not to mention the fact that the tablet's battery lasts a great deal longer than one on the laptop. Everyone talks as though it's a simple thing and once I get this insanity figured out, it probably will be.

In the meantime, I'm looking at upgrading my phone to something with enough internal memory so that this won't be a problem. That means at least 32g. The fun part there is I'm a Tracfone customer and nothing they offer in android phones has anywhere near that much memory installed without using a sd card, leaving me with having to buy an unlocked phone that has the 32g. I've even thought about going to a 32g tablet as Samsung has the next generation Tab S2 available to my 16G Tab S which is less than a year old.

So here I am again. . . HELP!!!

FF22

Nov 12, 2012
Visit site
Hopefully, you will come back sooner than 4 months later! :)

On my Tab S, Kindle files are found in:

DeviceStorage/Android/data/com.amazon/kindlefs/files

I used the internal FileManager app as well as ES File Explorer and can see the files. They are located in INTERNAL memory.

I'm not sure if you can store them on an SD Card. Sometimes, if you copy or mirror the Folder structure on an SD Card it can work.

But from what I recall from my original kindle and books that I downloaded in Mobi format, books were relatively small files and did not take up tons of room. So possibly you can copy them to Internal storage and not overwhelm Memory.

Good luck.

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
RandyRoyalty