Where are the Kindle books on my Fire 7 12th gen tablet?

TNorth2016

Mar 29, 2016
Visit site
I just installed a micro SD card on my Fire 7 tablet and can't see any of my Kindle books on that card. It "seems" that new books are being stored there, and I can see and read them in the Kindle app, but there isn't a folder on the SD card, or any indication of where those books actually are.

Any help is appreciated!

Thanks!

SpookDroid

Ambassador
Jul 14, 2011
Visit site
Folders for Kindle and Prime Music/Video media is encrypted and usually in hidden folders, so you wouldn't be able to see them or manage them directly from the tablet. Inserting the card in a computer may help, but the files would still be encrypted and tied to the specific device it was downloaded for.

TNorth2016

Mar 29, 2016
Visit site
OK - thanks! So how can I be sure that the books are actually saving on the card and not the internal storage. I have it set for saving to the card, but hoped there was a way to verify that.

Thanks again!

SpookDroid

Ambassador
Jul 14, 2011
Visit site
Also, if you see the data on a pc and select to show hidden folders, you should see a folder with a long, random sequence of numbers and letters; each one belongs to a book. You could use that to check if books have been saved to the card (for instance, if you check and have, say, 10 folders, when you download a new book, you should have now 11).

joeldf

Dec 19, 2011
Visit site
OK - thanks! So how can I be sure that the books are actually saving on the card and not the internal storage. I have it set for saving to the card, but hoped there was a way to verify that.

Thanks again!
In "Settings">"Storage", you should see a whole bunch of switched to save all kinds of stuff to the SD card. That's the only way to know. You'll just havent trust it.

Plus, you can check the storage status on that page. It'll have music and books listed as types of files. You can also click on the External Storage or SD card to see the bar graph there too.

Reactions: Laura Knotek

joeldf

Dec 19, 2011
Visit site
And if I need to replace my SD card with a newer one, can't I copy the saved books to my computer and then transfer them to the new card?
If those books came from the Kindle app, it'll still have them in your account library, so you can re-download all the ones you want at any time.

Reactions: J Dubbs

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
WillyC