How do I remove retail mode on my Samsung Tab S 8.4?

A

AC Question

retail mode on samsung tab s 8.4 how to remove

first off it is not a stolen unit lol I have a friend and she gets overstock and returns from target, macys etc. I help her when laptops come in with passwords still intact. Last shipment she had some tab 3 ten inch models that had the same retail mode on it. Online I found the two passwords to unlock it so it could be removed however they do not work on the tab s. Any suggestions and i do not know how to root nor install a new os on an android
thanks in advance

B. Diddy

Senior Ambassador
Mar 9, 2012
Visit site
Re: retail mode on samsung tab s 8.4 how to remove

Welcome to Android Central! If there are no system settings to turn off retail mode, it might be that the devices have a special store demo ROM installed. You could try bringing it to a Samsung Store in your local Best Buy, and see if they can flash a stock ROM on.

Martin Kelly2

Oct 19, 2015
Visit site
I'm new to my taB3 8 " but a tech guy. I managed to accidentally get stuck in safe mode and I think you may be able to get out of retail mode in a similar way. From a powered down state switch on and when the Samsung logo appears, press either the up or down volume button and you should see a menu of modes. Good luck

heartscowgirl

Jan 6, 2016
Visit site
Re: retail mode on samsung tab s 8.4 how to remove

first off it is not a stolen unit lol I have a friend and she gets overstock and returns from target, macys etc. I help her when laptops come in with passwords still intact. Last shipment she had some tab 3 ten inch models that had the same retail mode on it. Online I found the two passwords to unlock it so it could be removed however they do not work on the tab s. Any suggestions and i do not know how to root nor install a new os on an android
thanks in advance