Samsung Galaxy Tab S2 cases...what is everyone using?

shstrang98

Nov 15, 2011
Visit site
I'm using a zip up padded case from walmart. It fits okay but I really need an otterbox. But they seem to think that that galaxy tab A is worthy of a case but the s2 isn't. So unless I see something soon than I'll be buying the Griffin case.

Jude526

Trusted Member
Dec 13, 2010
Visit site
I'm using a zip up padded case from walmart. It fits okay but I really need an otterbox. But they seem to think that that galaxy tab A is worthy of a case but the s2 isn't. So unless I see something soon than I'll be buying the Griffin case.

Why do you think the S2 isn't worthy of having a case? I just got this tablet two weeks or so ago and I got a case when I got the tab. I use cases on my phone and my tablets. I take very good care of my gadgets. I am not careless with them. I don't care if a case adds extra bulk. I know this tablet is thin and light weight but I prefer to protect it. Select a case for your needs. I want a Bluetooth keyboard case too. Eventually.

Posted via the Android Central App

shstrang98

Nov 15, 2011
Visit site
Oh on the contrary. I like my s2 9.7 way more than my ipad; I just want it protected. They have an otterbox for the tab A. Surely they'll come out with one for the s2 series. You know they'll have one sooner or later because they'll sell.

Solchitlins

Mar 18, 2012
Visit site
Hi all. I got my wife an 8 inch galaxy tab s2 for her birthday and I'm looking to order a case for it. What are some good cases that have the recessed button cut out on the lid so it doesnt constantly toggle the tablet on?

Hurrycanejohn

Jul 18, 2013
Visit site
I have the Samsung case.

I know it's pricy, but it's possibly one of the best cases Samsung has ever made. It's thin and fits perfectly. When you flip the front flap around to the back, the magnetic backing holds it in place and the small hing flap is also magnetic so it can be flap around to the back of the case out of the way. This makes the tablet easy to grip and to use.

The only negative I see is that there is no easy way to take pictures with out leaving the case flaps open.

BlueGoldAce

Jan 24, 2011
Visit site
The most beautiful case and a awesome find is the roocase origami....I use this same case for my ipad air 2 and it's my go to case for tablets now...love it and so functional and well built. I have the grey version for my S2 and black one for air 2

https://goto.walmart.com/c/1943169/...8135234&wl4=&wl5=pla&wl6=176148541954&veh=sem

Does the flap hang over the edge of the tab? I just got this care and it hangs over about half an inch or so.

burwil

Dec 11, 2009
Visit site
MoKo Tab S2 8.0 Case - Ultra Slim Lightweight Smart-shell Stand Cover Case With Auto Wake / Sleep for Samsung Galaxy Tab S2 / S2 Nook 8.0 inch Tablet, BLACK https://www.amazon.com/dp/B00Z078QY...ag=hawk-future-20&ascsubtag=UUacUvbUpU5042065
I have a Moko for my old Note 8. Great case. I just ordered this for my 9.7" S2 just because of all the great reviews. Should arrive today....

http://www.amazon.com/ProCase-Samsu...ag=hawk-future-20&ascsubtag=UUacUvbUpU5042065

mlrz24

Sep 23, 2015
Visit site
Roo origami case. Very durable. Doesn't protect the tablet as well as it does Kindle Fires for some reason

LReno

Mar 12, 2016
Visit site
I know this has been replied to multiple times but I thought I would put my 2c worth in. I have the Beetle Defense from amazon. It was $24.99. I read a lot of reviews that one should replace the stock screen protector but I have not yet. It does increase the weight to about 70% more. I read a review where a lady put her tablet on the dash, windows down, nice night - and took off driving, took a sharp turn and the tablet went flying out the window onto the pavement. When she got it, there was no damage to it at all. That sold me.

LR

Christopher Meinck

Aug 13, 2015
Visit site
I just ordered the Samsung Galaxy Tab S2 9.7-inch and found a retailer on Amazon offering Samsung's cover for $12. Reviews seem very positive. I'm going to pair it with a tempered glass screen protector. If you've used one and happy with it, I'd love to hear which one.

I'm also going to order a Supcase Beetle and remove the built-in screen protector. That's my go-to move for the ultimate in protection and usability. Using my wife's hair dryer, I heat up the glue and the protector comes right off. Using a q-tip and rubbing alcohol removes any remaining adhesive.

Pretty heavy duty protection at a low cost.

Super excited to get this tablet. Haven't had one to call my own in a while. My daughter took over my iPad mini 2 and my wife has the same. With each trip, they struggle with storage issues when trying to transfer media. I'll share my S2, packed with a 200gb microSD card and all the movies they want!

Expect it to come on Tuesday. Trip planned next weekend, so super happy about my purchase!

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
tivativa