Fingerprint fail - can't get into the S2 now.

adambike

Dec 28, 2015
Visit site
Bloody fingerprinting has locked me out - and i don't have a backup password !!!!! The fingerprinting was working well but this is the 1st time i'm being locked out. What are my options? The thing is i can't remember whether i had put in a backup password or not.

N4Newbie

Trusted Member
Nov 15, 2012
Visit site
You HAVE to have entered a backup password/pin. Do you have any that you routinely use?

Try going to https://www.google.com/android/devicemanager and log in using your Google/Gmail account. If your phone was setup correctly (and it has an active Wi-Fi/cellular network connection), you may be able to clear or set a password from there.

adambike

Dec 28, 2015
Visit site
Phew.....I'm in again - it eventually asked for my google/gmail account ! Bloody hell - that was a close call. Now i need to ensure the damn fingerprinting function is totally switched off. It's quite unrealiable - if you ask me. It was working perfectly everytime until just now. Looking at my thumb i can see some skin has scruffed off at the top - maybe it's made my thumb unreadable? who knows. But looking at what's happened i think it's safer to remove the fingerprinting function.

Is there a way to totally disable the lockout? - the longest time is 30 minutes - there isn't an option to totally disable the lockout.

Last edited:

lets_go_android

Mar 7, 2011
Visit site
Phew.....I'm in again - it eventually asked for my google/gmail account ! Bloody hell - that was a close call. Now i need to ensure the damn fingerprinting function is totally switched off. It's quite unrealiable - if you ask me. It was working perfectly everytime until just now. Looking at my thumb i can see some skin has scruffed off at the top - maybe it's made my thumb unreadable? who knows. But looking at what's happened i think it's safer to remove the fingerprinting function.

Is there a way to totally disable the lockout? - the longest time is 30 minutes - there isn't an option to totally disable the lockout.

Glad you were able to get in finally! I too initially felt the fingerprint reader was working remarkably well and I was thinking how impressed I was at how much better fingerprint readers had gotten. That was until one day it inexplicably stopped accepting my fingerprint. And it annoyingly only gives you 3 chances. I didn't see any way to disable screen lockout, so I disabled the fingerprint reader in favor of PIN. Maybe I'll try fingerprint readers again in another 5 yrs and see if it's ready for prime time then.

Edit: oops, I missed kellyjdrummer's post showing how to disable screen lockout. Thanks for the tip, kellyjdrummer.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
dumpsterrentals38