Note 8 or Tab S3

Isaiah Peterson

Jun 7, 2016
Visit site
I have an S8. I chose it over the S8+ because I planned to get a note 8 as well using the note 8 more for work and the S8 more for personal away from work use. I have a note 4 right now and have stylus projects I want to transfer to my new device.

The main draw for me about the Note 8 is the stylus, but the Tab S3 has that and the keyboard so seems more functional to me; it costs less too. I'm trying to figure out if there is something I'm missing about the Note 8 hardware or (expected) software package that would make it the better choice.

Aquila

Retired Moderator
Feb 24, 2012
Visit site
S8 vs Note 8 main differences are size, camera and pen. Should be no night and day software differences otherwise.

starbuckk

Aug 15, 2011
Visit site
I have a Galaxy Note 4 and kind of struggled between upgrading to the Note 8 or the Tab S3 as I really could not afford both. Deciding factor was that my Galaxy Note 2012 tablet is dying of old age and my Note 4 still works like a charm (thank you removable battery!).

So far the biggest down side to this combination is that the Note 4 has S-Note and the Tab S3 has Samsung Notes. The data transfer between those two is one way. Samsung Notes is apparently a step down from S-Note and cant even sync with Evernote like S-Note was able to. Fortunately the bulk of my notes are in LectureNotes, so thats not a TOTAL loss but I was planning on switching back to the native Samsung note program.

Using LectureNotes along with FolderSync and I have pretty much all my notes in both places.

One thing you could check out is a battery powered Stylus on Amazon for your S8. I had one back when I had the HP WebOS tablet and a Galaxy S4. It wasn't too bad, but it is definitely no S-Pen.