[VERY URGENT] Cannot downgrade system app?!

anon(10181084)

Mar 2, 2017
Visit site
Is there a way to un-update the game optimization service? It doesn't seem to have the uninstall updates option and for obvious reasons I need the pre-destruction (v3.3.11) version of Game Tuner to work once again so I can decrease the annoying thermal throttling in ALL apps and games instead of just the small fraction that the current trashy Game Tuner detects. Aside from rooting the tablet and manually swapping the APK in /system/app with the older version of the game optimizing service (or just taking manual control of the CPU/GPU geek style) I don't see a way to do it. Any help would be HIGHLY appreciated, since I don't want to mess with rooting this super expensive device. I think I'm entitled to having full control over what I do on my €855/$1050 device (I paid this much in 2017 for this tablet) instead of having Samsung shoving this down my throat like they've done for the past year. I think they expect to force me to get a new device with OneUI and whatever "improved" performance control it has, but I'm not planning on replacing this tablet any time soon. Again, any help would be MASSIVELY appreciated!

thisbearisdrunk

May 29, 2016
Visit site
If it's a system app then u should be able to select uninstall updates option in the 3 dots at the top right corner

If u can't find that option try force stopping it

Rukbat

Retired Moderator
Feb 12, 2012
Visit site
If you decrease thermal throttling in an app that causes the CPU or GPU to overheat, you lose a lot more than you would by rooting - you'd need a new motherboard (assuming that it didn't take out other things when it turned into a torch). There's a reason for thermal throttling. It's not to limit you from running an app faster, it's to limit the SoC from destroying itself, and maybe the entire tablet.

anon(10181084)

Mar 2, 2017
Visit site
Rukbat, I am well aware of the risks. Never killed/damaged a device ever. It still does thermal throttle when you force full performance on Gamer Tuner, but it lets it run warm longer. I've never gotten heat warnings or thermal shutoff. I don't think Game Tuner would let me burn up my device. Manual CPU control is off the table anyway because this thing already runs warm.

My main goal here is to get the old Game Optimization service so I can use pre-downgrade Game Tuner (v3.3), but there are no 3 dots to press and it won't let me force stop it or disable it. All I want is ALL my apps to have the Game Tuner performance boost on maximum, and maximum resolution. Heck, my tablet runs HOTTER now than with the legacy Game Tuner app on full blast for some reason. Any way to reverse the service update would be helpful.

Latest posts

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member