Force DeX Rotation

SpookDroid

Ambassador
Jul 14, 2011
Visit site
I'm loving having DeX on the tablet without the need for an external monitor (bought a foldable keyboard+track pad thingy and it works great).

BUT, while using in portrait wouldn't be something that I see working very well, I do find that DeX's default orientation forces me to use the tablet in stand mode. I have a trifold case that also allows the 'typing' position (I guess like 45 degrees?), BUT because this flips the tablet upside down and while not a problem in Android mode, when you switch on DeX, it doesn't rotate and ends up being also flipped.

Has anyone found a way to force DeX rotation so you can flip the tablet and have DeX flip with it?

Danke!

NickinVA

Nov 12, 2010
Visit site
I'm loving having DeX on the tablet without the need for an external monitor (bought a foldable keyboard+track pad thingy and it works great).

BUT, while using in portrait wouldn't be something that I see working very well, I do find that DeX's default orientation forces me to use the tablet in stand mode. I have a trifold case that also allows the 'typing' position (I guess like 45 degrees?), BUT because this flips the tablet upside down and while not a problem in Android mode, when you switch on DeX, it doesn't rotate and ends up being also flipped.

Has anyone found a way to force DeX rotation so you can flip the tablet and have DeX flip with it?

Danke!
Sorry to hijack your thread, but would you please share which keyboard you got? You clearly like it?

SpookDroid

Ambassador
Jul 14, 2011
Visit site
I do! It's tiny enough to carry around and again, trackpad! haha Typing gets a bit weird, though (as is the case with most miniaturized keyboards), but this one especially around the keys that fall onto the keyboard fold. I keep hitting the gap between panels instead of the key my muscle memory wants to hit).

Anyway, I got the Jellycomb B003B Foldable Keyboard (just make sure it has the updated version with R/L mouse buttons and gestures...the older version is still on sale but this is better)

NickinVA

Nov 12, 2010
Visit site
I do! It's tiny enough to carry around and again, trackpad! haha Typing gets a bit weird, though (as is the case with most miniaturized keyboards), but this one especially around the keys that fall onto the keyboard fold. I keep hitting the gap between panels instead of the key my muscle memory wants to hit).

Anyway, I got the Jellycomb B003B Foldable Keyboard (just make sure it has the updated version with R/L mouse buttons and gestures...the older version is still on sale but this is better)
Thank you!

gyounk

Sep 9, 2017
Visit site
I believe Dex only supports landscape orientation. I have never seen screen shots in portrait and on my Tab S4 I dex won't rotate when I turn the Tab S4 around.

I just tried to turn the Tab S4 in Dex mode upside down. The screen did not flip over either.

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Non