Can you sync Verizon Galaxy and Tab s6 for call and text?

• Thread starter Android Central Question
  • Start date
A

Android Central Question

Hi All,

I have been a Galaxy phone user and just picked up a wifi only Tab s6. I just discovered while setting up that Verizon has disabled the "call and text from other devices" feature from my phone so I am hoping someone can suggest a work around. I am willing to use most apps (Google messages, Verizon messages,etc) but I would prefer end-to-end encryption (which I think these lack) and RCS. Is there a way to sync calling and texting on the tablet or do I now have a very expensive drawing board?

L0n3N1nja

Jan 11, 2014
Visit site
To my knowledge no, the required settings are removed from the firmware on the Verizon phone, Verizon tends to block Samsung features when they mimic features Verizon already has.

I was calling and texting from my Tab S2 in 2015 using Verizon messages.

galaxy2020

Nov 24, 2020
Visit site
thanks for the suggestion but I called Verizon and apparently they removed the call feature from Messages+ 2 years ago. I wouldn't have even minded that much if I could text but they couldn't get the text to properly sync so I could send but not receive message.

Since I am not under contract with Verizon, does anyone have suggestion if I went to another carrier? Would a Mint, GoogleFi or carrier like that allow seamless integration with the galaxy tab and phone?

Last edited:

smooches680

Dec 27, 2010
Visit site
I am on Sprint/Tmobile and I do have the call and text feature on my Samsung Galaxy Note 20 Ultra but it's not on my Samsung Galaxy Tab S6 LTE device.
Hi All,

I have been a Galaxy phone user and just picked up a wifi only Tab s6. I just discovered while setting up that Verizon has disabled the "call and text from other devices" feature from my phone so I am hoping someone can suggest a work around. I am willing to use most apps (Google messages, Verizon messages,etc) but I would prefer end-to-end encryption (which I think these lack) and RCS. Is there a way to sync calling and texting on the tablet or do I now have a very expensive drawing board?

tlc264

Banned
Oct 20, 2019
Visit site
Set up a Google voice account. Then you can set it up to work like you are wanting. I have my two tablets and my two phones set up and I am able to see the same texts on all devices. I can also call from each. My tablets are S6 wifi only. I am using a Google voice number that I have had for years but I think you can use your regular cell number.

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
RandyRoyalty