Gary_Berg

Nov 15, 2013
Visit site
I'm guessing that the power for the SPen is a capacitor? Because it loses most of its power over a day. It's so easy to knock the pen off the back of the S7. I guess if it's a capacitor I don't need to worry about the "battery"failing due to discharge.

I've got a Fintie case with a slot for the SPen built into the case which is more resistant to losing the pen

Also, it looks like the pen works even with no charge for clicking on things? Because my Tab S3 pen works fine. What pen capabilities require a charge?

PhabPhan

Oct 1, 2013
Visit site
I'm guessing that the power for the SPen is a capacitor? Because it loses most of its power over a day. It's so easy to knock the pen off the back of the S7. I guess if it's a capacitor I don't need to worry about the "battery"failing due to discharge.

I've got a Fintie case with a slot for the SPen built into the case which is more resistant to losing the pen

Also, it looks like the pen works even with no charge for clicking on things? Because my Tab S3 pen works fine. What pen capabilities require a charge?
The pen can be used without charge. The charge is only for the Bluetooth functions, like click to pause, take a picture, gesture controls, etc. But just to draw or use as a mouse function, no charge needed.

rhapdog

May 1, 2015
Visit site
Yes, charge is only for the Bluetooth functionality, which is mostly the remote control and gesture features of the pen. If you aren't going to use those, you'll not need to worry about charging.

If you do use those, it's comforting to know it only takes 5 minutes to charge the pen completely from 0 to 100%.

L0n3N1nja

Jan 11, 2014
Visit site
It has a capacitor instead of a battery because of it's tiny size and prior to the inclusion of bluetooth functions in 2018s Note 9 the S Pen never had to charged. The basic use of the pen, pressure sensitivity, hover detection, etc are all controlled by a digitizer in the screen.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
AmeliaRodriguez