A new era in ownership of a non-latest model Samsung tablet?

hallux

Q&A Team
Jul 7, 2013
Visit site
My Tab S7 rebooted overnight for some reason. I decided to go into the update section to see if it had done an update, it hadn't but I decided to check and was SHOCKED to see the JUNE update! That's right - the non-current model of Samsung TABLET has gotten an update as soon as it was released by Google...

hallux

Q&A Team
Jul 7, 2013
Visit site
Samsung occasionally beats Google on security updates. Although I am surprised it happened with a tablet.

Yeah, I know Samsung has dropped the updates several days in advance of Google because they do it on the 1st of the month sometimes while Google always schedules it to be the first Monday of the month. This means Samsung can be as much as a week ahead on phones.

Yes, my shock was that it's out for a tablet, and one that is 'last year's model' at that.

mustang7757

Super Moderator
Feb 6, 2017
Visit site
Yeah, I know Samsung has dropped the updates several days in advance of Google because they do it on the 1st of the month sometimes while Google always schedules it to be the first Monday of the month. This means Samsung can be as much as a week ahead on phones.

Yes, my shock was that it's out for a tablet, and one that is 'last year's model' at that.
Samsung throws curve balls like that lol