Why have my Home and Back buttons suddenly stopped lighting?

eppo50

Dec 2, 2014
Visit site
Home and Back buttons not light suddenly

Suddenly not lighted buttons. Checked all display settings. Can't find a fix. Tab only 2 wks old. Problem with settings or new unit?
Many thanks for help,:-!

B. Diddy

Senior Ambassador
Mar 9, 2012
Visit site
Re: Home and Back buttons not light suddenly

Welcome to Android Central! Bring it back to the store while you can, and ask for an exchange.

lenrox

Aug 6, 2014
Visit site
I have the same issue. Thought it was by design. A Samsung overlook or something!

Can other users please confirm that the soft keys (Recent & Back) do light up on the Samsung Galaxy Tab 4 10.1 T531?

Please help!

jeffrey10000

Jan 21, 2013
Visit site

No, they do not. Apparently this is something they started with the Tab3 and continued with the Tab4. Definitely takes some time getting use to.

Posted via the Android Central App

B. Diddy

Senior Ambassador
Mar 9, 2012
Visit site

Wow, that's surprising, but reviews also confirm that Samsung removed the backlight from the capacitative buttons: Review: Samsung Galaxy Tab 4 10.1 - Bit Bit Byte. I think this is only for the Tab 4, which is one of the lower-end Samsung tablets (hence the cut corners). I know the Tab Pro has backlights, and I assume the Tab S does as well.

MBM7881

Feb 4, 2011
Visit site

I thought I had a defective device. Glad to know about the back lights of the back & menu buttons. I was wondering about that. I wish they kept that feature

Mostafa Beltagy

Jul 7, 2015
Visit site

Thanks alot , it was very helpful to know that it was not a hardware problem with my device .. although it is still annoying me not to have lights in these buttons .. it is disturbing when you want to use your tablet in the dark ..