Tablet Compatibility with Active 2?

MizMelzy76

Nov 3, 2013
Visit site
I am looking into possibly getting the Active 2, however, I need to know if it works on tablets as well? I work in daycare and use the notification feature on my current Fitbit Versa to get notified when parents reply or are messaging me through facebook messenger. I can not have my phone on me so it's important that that I get those message notifications on my watch through my tablet. I currently have a Samsung Galaxy Tab A at work right now because it's the only one that picks up the WiFi at work well. Once they fix that issue will have my Samsung Galaxy Tab S5e at work for that. So does anyone know if the Active 2 works on these two tablets? All I need is to get notifications from apps on the watch.

Thanks!
Melissa

MizMelzy76

Nov 3, 2013
Visit site
The specs for the original Galaxy Watch say that it's not compatible with tablets, so I would guess that goes for the Watch Active 2 as well: www.samsung.com/global/galaxy/galaxy-watch/device-compatibility/

My Versa is not supported for either of my tablets but it still works just fine. Just wondering if anyone has tested it on a tablet? They may say it's not supported simply because they didn't test it on any tablets or certain feature may not work. For me as long as I get notifications I'm good.

kbboykin

Jan 26, 2011
Visit site
I am looking into possibly getting the Active 2, however, I need to know if it works on tablets as well? I work in daycare and use the notification feature on my current Fitbit Versa to get notified when parents reply or are messaging me through facebook messenger. I can not have my phone on me so it's important that that I get those message notifications on my watch through my tablet. I currently have a Samsung Galaxy Tab A at work right now because it's the only one that picks up the WiFi at work well. Once they fix that issue will have my Samsung Galaxy Tab S5e at work for that. So does anyone know if the Active 2 works on these two tablets? All I need is to get notifications from apps on the watch.

Thanks!
Melissa

The Galaxy Wearable on the tablet will ONLY pair with Galaxy Buds/Buds+ or Gear IconX. I have the Galaxy Tab S6 and the GAW2/GW and when I set up Galaxy Wearable on my tablet, it did NOT pick up either watch, but did pick up the Gear IconX that I have. HTH...

scrondar

Dec 4, 2010
Visit site
The Galaxy Wearable on the tablet will ONLY pair with Galaxy Buds/Buds+ or Gear IconX. I have the Galaxy Tab S6 and the GAW2/GW and when I set up Galaxy Wearable on my tablet, it did NOT pick up either watch, but did pick up the Gear IconX that I have. HTH...

FWIW, I installed the Samsung Wearable app on my Galaxy Tab A (2019) and it would not find my watch. From this I assumed the watch is meant only to pair with a phone. I have no other Samsung devices to test it with.

kbboykin

Jan 26, 2011
Visit site
FWIW, I installed the Samsung Wearable app on my Galaxy Tab A (2019) and it would not find my watch. From this I assumed the watch is meant only to pair with a phone. I have no other Samsung devices to test it with.

That's correct. It will only pair with a phone.

MizMelzy76

Nov 3, 2013
Visit site
I was searching on the internet and did find someone mentioning that they did get notifications from their tablet to the Active 2 but I remember it saying something about you had to be logged into your Samsung account for it to work. I didn't read into it all the way as I didn't have time a that moment so I bookmarked to read it later and now I can't find it. But the gist of it was that the Samsung account sent the information to the watch through the account. So I'm assuming it sends it through WiFi connections? I am not sure if it works only with Samsung phones maybe? I don't have a Samsung phone though.

Melissa

kbboykin

Jan 26, 2011
Visit site
I was searching on the internet and did find someone mentioning that they did get notifications from their tablet to the Active 2 but I remember it saying something about you had to be logged into your Samsung account for it to work. I didn't read into it all the way as I didn't have time a that moment so I bookmarked to read it later and now I can't find it. But the gist of it was that the Samsung account sent the information to the watch through the account. So I'm assuming it sends it through WiFi connections? I am not sure if it works only with Samsung phones maybe? I don't have a Samsung phone though.

Melissa

It is likely coming from the phone. Like I said, I have the TabS6, GAW2, GW,and they DO NOT pair with the Tab S6. I get notifications, but it is from my Note 10.

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
123dzo