Blackview Tab 7 Wi-Fi tablet overheats...

Roger Blair

Jun 9, 2021
Visit site
I have a Blackview Tab 7 Wifi tablet. The last few days, I've been using it (solitaire, mahjong, ebooks) for five or ten minutes when I get a message (from AccuBattery) that my battery is at 55 degrees Celsius. I turn it off for a while, then turn it on again and the same thing happens. What could be causing this, and what can I do about it?

B. Diddy

Senior Ambassador
Mar 9, 2012
Visit site
When it gets that high, does the tablet actually feel really warm? What does AccuBattery show is using battery when this happens?

Does it only happen when using certain apps? If so, I'd wonder if those apps might be doing something else in the background (like mining Bitcoin).

Roger Blair

Jun 9, 2021
Visit site
Tablet not abnormally hot. I looked at task usage, but I got no help. No one app seems to trigger it. I got all my apps from the Play Store, so I'm not sure it's malware.

B. Diddy

Senior Ambassador
Mar 9, 2012
Visit site
It might be something glitchy with the tablet itself, reporting incorrect data. If the tablet doesn't feel abnormally warm, and performance is normal, then I'd ignore what Accubattery is saying.

Roger Blair

Jun 9, 2021
Visit site
I finished the system reset and restored my apps. When I booted the tablet up, I got the same message (probably from the tablet) after three or four minutes of light operation. I closed the message, but it came back a minute later. The tablet wasn't noticeably hot. I had a laptop overheat on me a while back, and I don't want to repeat that story again.

B. Diddy

Senior Ambassador
Mar 9, 2012
Visit site
When you say you did a system reset, do you mean a factory reset? If so, did you reinstall Accubattery? If you didn't, then the alert is coming from the system (or perhaps some other preinstalled app that monitors the battery).

We may ultimately have to chalk this up to buggy firmware. Blackview is not known for high quality devices, unfortunately.