Create GPX file.

PeteGl

Dec 1, 2020
Visit site
How can I create and download a GPX file from my run/walk? I know this can be done as it's detailed in the manual, but I can't seem to be able to do it, seems there are some buried settings that should be turned on.

Any help much appreciated.

Pete

Last edited:

SeanD_Colorado

Nov 13, 2019
Visit site
Apologies, should have added, I have the Galaxy watch 3.

Pete
Pete,

You mentioned your Watch being a Galaxy 3, but not your phone or if you are using Samsung Health.

If you are using Samsung Health, open the app on your phone. In the app under the Exercise heading you should see "view history" with an arrow next to it. Click that arrow and find the workout you want to export as a GPX.

That should open the workout and scrolling down to the bottom of the information panels for that workout, you should see the option to export as GPX.

PeteGl

Dec 1, 2020
Visit site
Thank you for replying SeanD.

Firstly, yes I am using it with my phone and the Samsung Health app. You are quoting exactly what should happen, according to the manual. But when I scroll down to the bottom of my workout, again, you're right, there should be the option of exporting my GPX, but there isn't. Just 'Notes'

Pete

MarineDawg

May 7, 2017
Visit site
Call me crazy (no, don't do that,) but what type of workout are you doing? Most of my workouts are 'other' and I have some walking, running, and yoga littered about. It appears that only my walking and running produce the GPX file option. I believe these force the GPS on the watch to activate. These were also manually set to start opposed to auto detect. Hopefully this helps you out.

PeteGl

Dec 1, 2020
Visit site
Hi MarineDawg,

Only walking / running. That could be it! I've just let the watch auto detect, I'll try a manual start and see how I go on.

Thanks again,

Pete

SeanD_Colorado

Nov 13, 2019
Visit site
Hi MarineDawg,

Only walking / running. That could be it! I've just let the watch auto detect, I'll try a manual start and see how I go on.

Thanks again,

Pete
Thats a good thought. I do mostly do manual start. Occasionally I have forgotten to and have had it auto start. I should see if I can recall when last I had it autostart and if the option for exporting to a GPX is missing in that case.

Edit: I think you have solved your own problem. I did find a walk listed as (autostart) and I only had the option at the bottom for notes. The Export to GPX option was missing from the autostart walk.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
dumpsterrentals38