pair with other Android devices?

magia21

Feb 27, 2011
Visit site
Can you pair the Galaxy watch with other Android phones? If so which ones are the best/seamless as if as smooth with a Samsung phone? What functions do you lose?

evlarberryman

Jan 11, 2016
Visit site
My experience is that it will work fine by Bluetooth connection, but you cannot connect to the cellular network when using other Android phones due to the software setup architecture.

Someone else on this forum said they found a way around this after 8 hours of efforts. I gave up after three hours and four calls to TMobile.

magia21

Feb 27, 2011
Visit site
My experience is that it will work fine by Bluetooth connection, but you cannot connect to the cellular network when using other Android phones due to the software setup architecture.

Someone else on this forum said they found a way around this after 8 hours of efforts. I gave up after three hours and four calls to TMobile.

I forgot to mention mine is on tmobile via digits. Does that make a difference?

evlarberryman

Jan 11, 2016
Visit site
Nope, won't matter. You're on the right plan, the problem is with Samsung's software. There's another post in this forum where someone explains the issue well.

I returned my Galaxy Watch and got the Gear S3 Frontier which synced perfect and works over the T-Mobile network with my LG G7 Thinq.

Guitar_Jesus

Apr 10, 2012
Visit site
See this thread, post #8

https://forums.androidcentral.com/s...xy-watch-lte-pair-two-phones.html#post6318975

I can confirm this method works. Thanks to author of this post.

Are you using just the watch on T-mobile and a different carrier phone? If so, do you have call forwarding set up? Someone post a picture of a call forwarding setting they say is in the wearable app, but mine doesn't seem to have it, he's on Verizon and I'm on Sprint. I wonder if the app is carrier specific.

evlarberryman

Jan 11, 2016
Visit site

Guitar_Jesus

Apr 10, 2012
Visit site
I can confirm that this works as well, BUT it's a Samsung phone you need for initial setup. After that you can opt to pair to a new Android phone but it'll retain the E-Sim profile download and work just fine.

The problem now, is call forwarding. Since the app when paired with the Galaxy Watch (guess the S3 is different) deleted the option for it.

Noam AS

Oct 21, 2014
Visit site
Can you share your experience with a non Samsung phone it terms of initiating\replying messages ? Any problem with it ?