Google Hangouts?

DanielLoreti

Sep 20, 2018
Visit site
Go to the Galaxy Wearable app on your phone and then to notifications and make sure Hangouts is on. You will get notifications and can read and respond from the watch.

Notifications for Hangouts is ticked on through the wearable app but still nothing. I have the T Mobile LTE version and I have wifi and BT turned off. I'm only using mobile data for the watch. Is that why I'm only able to call/text? When I was connected to my Note 9 via BT I was getting email notifications but I don't think I was getting Hangout ones even with BT.

nofaithineli

May 29, 2016
Visit site
You're definitely not going to get them without BT on.. there is no app on the watch for Hangouts so it's a push from the phone. I do get them with BT on (and don't with it off). I didn't even realize that you can respond to them on watch.. I'll have to give that a try next time.

DanielLoreti

Sep 20, 2018
Visit site
You're definitely not going to get them without BT on.. there is no app on the watch for Hangouts so it's a push from the phone. I do get them with BT on (and don't with it off). I didn't even realize that you can respond to them on watch.. I'll have to give that a try next time.

Should I be getting emails on LTE or does that have to be BT as well? And will push notifications work the same as BT if both the phone and watch are connected to the same WiFi network?

Last edited:

arunma

Dec 3, 2015
Visit site
Should I be getting emails on LTE or does that have to be BT as well? And will push notifications work the same as BT if both the phone and watch are connected to the same WiFi network?

I think so. When I'm away from my phone I get all the usual notifications by LTE. I even get and respond to WhatsApp messages via LTE, so I don't see why Hangouts wouldn't work too.

DanielLoreti

Sep 20, 2018
Visit site
I think so. When I'm away from my phone I get all the usual notifications by LTE. I even get and respond to WhatsApp messages via LTE, so I don't see why Hangouts wouldn't work too.

I just remembered my Hangouts and FB messenger notifications are muted on my phone, so they wouldn't be coming through on the watch then even though I'm on LTE and not BT? The watch is disconnected from the phone since I'm on LTE but even when I was paired BT Hangouts wasn't coming through.