Samsung Health not updating on galaxy watch since latest UI version

Kko 5

May 20, 2015
Visit site
Hi all...unfortunately we have a new issue today, after updating my watch to the new UI version.
Anyone facing the same issue? Any solutions? Cause I have tried everything.
The app starts downloading, then transfers the file but the installing is endless with no actual ending.
Also when I tried to update the Health app manually it does not recognise that the watch is connected and therefore cannot proceed. So another day, another issue...wtf!
Many others are facing the same , see link below

https://us.community.samsung.com/t5...ealth-not-updating-on-galaxy-watch/m-p/659477

Last edited:

Kko 5

May 20, 2015
Visit site
Hi all...unfortunately we have a new issue today, after updating my watch to the new UI version as Samsung Health refuses to update.
Anyone facing the same issue? Cause I have tried everything.
Many others are facing the same , see link below

The app starts downloading, then transfers the file but the installing is endless with no actual ending.
Also when I tried to update the Health app manually it does not recognise that the watch is connected and therefore cannot proceed. So another day, another issue...wtf!

https://us.community.samsung.com/t5...ealth-not-updating-on-galaxy-watch/m-p/659477

sonnnet

Apr 19, 2015
Visit site
Mine updated fine. Went to Galaxy Wear app, clicked on, in my case 3 updates available, clicked on Samsung Health. All good.
I have had similar problems to the one you mention Kko, in the past and a restart of the phone at that point, then going through the process again has always fixed it.
79ce73fdd74a7e6817d7fdeed7d8368d.jpg

Kko 5

May 20, 2015
Visit site
I have made a restart 2-3 times Sonnnet but nothing works. It shows to me that app is installed like yours but then watch is automatically disconnected. And when I connect it again it shows that Health app is not updated hehehe... and then all the way from the beginning. I tried everything from clearing cache files data.
So I sent an error report to Samsung. From the link above many others ara facing this too

sonnnet

Apr 19, 2015
Visit site
I have made a restart 2-3 times Sonnnet but nothing works. It shows to me that app is installed like yours but then watch is automatically disconnected. And when I connect it again it shows that Health app is not updated hehehe... and then all the way from the beginning. I tried everything from clearing cache files data.
So I sent an error report to Samsung. From the link above many others ara facing this too
Weird that it was fine for me. Great that you've escalated to Samsung. I'm sure they'll fix it soon, presumably something simple from their end.

jlost

Trusted Member
Aug 6, 2010
Visit site
You can try factory resetting your watch. Didn't even try deleting the apps and we downloading them. The other thing is when I did the update, my wife is doing it too on her watch. So it never found my watch because it was connected to her phone, not mine

Kko 5

May 20, 2015
Visit site
You can try factory resetting your watch. Didn't even try deleting the apps and we downloading them. The other thing is when I did the update, my wife is doing it too on her watch. So it never found my watch because it was connected to her phone, not mine

Jlost I have tried everything believe me, even reseting the watch too. Nothing works. So I will wait for Samsung's reply to the matter.

Kko 5

May 20, 2015
Visit site
So...Samsung replied giving actions to follow. I precisely did everything several times from clearing cache, data, unistall, install again and after several resets STILL NOTHING.
This is really very frustrating 😡

Attachments

• Screenshot_20190530-143950_Samsung Members.jpg
    Screenshot_20190530-143950_Samsung Members.jpg
    13.2 KB · Views: 43

LadyEpic

Feb 20, 2011
Visit site
My watch is having the same problem with the new update version! Where you think that Samsung health updates and it doesn't and your watch disconnects ! I hope we get a UI update to fix the bugs asap!

Kko 5

May 20, 2015
Visit site
Yeap...I even made a hard factory reset today...Still NO luck. The Health app issue still continues....

madphone

Nov 26, 2010
Visit site
i had another problem. after swimming my watch made a hard reset. after that i had the problem with health not updating. even after restarting phone and watch. after every attempt of updating the watch lost connection.

This was my fix:

i tried updating again. This time i kept the screens of both devices on! it took a while but the update went through.

Kko 5

May 20, 2015
Visit site
i had another problem. after swimming my watch made a hard reset. after that i had the problem with health not updating. even after restarting phone and watch. after every attempt of updating the watch lost connection.

This was my fix:

i tried updating again. This time i kept the screens of both devices on! it took a while but the update went through.

Madphone I tried your suggestion too...Nothing works...Installing kept going for more than 45 minutes without any result. How long did it take to update yours?

Greymire

Mar 8, 2010
Visit site
I could be wrong but Samsung Health would be a phone issue. Especially if it's not updating. If you have everything backed up to Samsung I would try removing the store and health from your phone. Go into phone settings and make sure galaxy watch us deleted from wifi and Bluetooth. There is a little trick you can do, but I am not sure if you can do it if you have a Samsung phone (in fact the Store probably can't be removed but you can disable it forcing it to reset to the original version). After resetting the Samsung store if you have a Samsung then update the app but do not install health.

Now here is the trick. Instead of using playstore on the phone you can install Health (and Samsung apps if you don't have a Samsung) from the Google Play website instead of the ay store. Even from a PC. In years past I did this to get things installed that would keep failing. I have not tried it in a long time but I imagine it still works. It may take a few minutes to start.

I have only owned one Samsung phone and it was, a, long time ago so if none of this is possible with new Samsung I apologize for the long post. It is grasping at straws as is.

Kko 5

May 20, 2015
Visit site
I could be wrong but Samsung Health would be a phone issue. Especially if it's not updating. If you have everything backed up to Samsung I would try removing the store and health from your phone. Go into phone settings and make sure galaxy watch us deleted from wifi and Bluetooth. There is a little trick you can do, but I am not sure if you can do it if you have a Samsung phone (in fact the Store probably can't be removed but you can disable it forcing it to reset to the original version). After resetting the Samsung store if you have a Samsung then update the app but do not install health.

Now here is the trick. Instead of using playstore on the phone you can install Health (and Samsung apps if you don't have a Samsung) from the Google Play website instead of the ay store. Even from a PC. In years past I did this to get things installed that would keep failing. I have not tried it in a long time but I imagine it still works. It may take a few minutes to start.

I have only owned one Samsung phone and it was, a, long time ago so if none of this is possible with new Samsung I apologize for the long post. It is grasping at straws as is.

Greymire thank you really for you post and suggestions. I tried your advice But still No luck and btw I have the Galaxy S9+
What is more frustrating is the fact that updating apps should be a simple button case and Not to follow a scientific formula in order to solve Samsung's issues. Cause what the support dept. suggested me to follow was indeed a scientific nuclear formula. Personally I knew what to do and did everything they asked, with No result again, but what about people who have no idea to perform such setting steps, and I mean with log settings extracting files etc...THIS IS UNACCEPTABLE
It seems again that Samsung support is either unable or incapable for solving issues...as I am not the only one who is facing this.
Samsung, if you are reading this, well, Thumbs down once more 👎👎👎

Greymire

Mar 8, 2010
Visit site
Greymire thank you really for you post and suggestions. I tried your advice But still No luck and btw I have the Galaxy S9+
What is more frustrating is the fact that updating apps should be a simple button case and Not to follow a scientific formula in order to solve Samsung's issues. Cause what the support dept. suggested me to follow was indeed a scientific nuclear formula. Personally I knew what to do and did everything they asked, with No result again, but what about people who have no idea to perform such setting steps, and I mean with log settings extracting files etc...THIS IS UNACCEPTABLE
It seems again that Samsung support is either unable or incapable for solving issues...as I am not the only one who is facing this.
Samsung, if you are reading this, well, Thumbs down once more
It won't make you feel any better but Fitbit support was even worse. They just said it was incompatible with my phone and wouldn't help. LG support is similar. It seems to be the norm.

emacf1

May 31, 2014
Visit site
hard to accept that there is no solution till today... and no way to uninstall the app on the watch...

Last edited:

Kko 5

May 20, 2015
Visit site
What is worst is the fact that although the Samsung Health app is shown in the apps of the watch along with the others, when you go to Galaxy store within the watch under My apps, the Samsung Health is Not there, it does not appear anywhere...that is sooo Funny.

carlitobahsoun

Jun 8, 2019
Visit site
What is worst is the fact that although the Samsung Health app is shown in the apps of the watch along with the others, when you go to Galaxy store within the watch under My apps, the Samsung Health is Not there, it does not appear anywhere...that is sooo Funny.
i have same problem with my R800 and my s10+ .
lol nothing work for me

eli86

Jun 9, 2019
Visit site
I have exactly the same problem as described by Kko 5. I have a Pixel 2 xl phone. A rapid solution will be greatly appreciated.

Last edited:

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
dumpsterrentals38