I got it, and I like it!

SwitchBoardDj

Aug 21, 2019
Visit site
Got my Z Flip delivered today. So far...so good. No regrets at all. I wanted something different for awhile after holding slabs for years.

The Z Flip is very nice. The crease that's all the tech reviewers are talking about is non-existent to me...it's not a big deal at all. I didn't even notice it after awhile.

2ddd7a46134203850cc018d18e7de5a7.jpg

cbreze

May 30, 2011
Visit site
Nice! I didn't think this think was available yet. How's that glass screen? Everyone says it's so much better feeling than the plastic like the Razr which I thought was disappointing after having high hopes for it and even considering it for purchase. I'm not a Samsung fan but that does look sweet.

willpooted

Aug 21, 2018
Visit site
Very nice!

What was your previous phone? Apart from the obvious physical differences, how does it compare as a phone? How is the camera? Anything you miss?

Am very curious and interested to know. Note 10+ user here.

y2jdmbfan

Feb 1, 2011
Visit site
I am tempted to get one, but I already have the fold, not sure this is much improvement other than a different form factor.

dungoyle

Dec 11, 2011
Visit site
I am tempted to get one, but I already have the fold, not sure this is much improvement other than a different form factor.

The Fold and Z Flip are so dramatically different in their implementation that it seems like most folks would fall pretty hard in one camp or the other. I can definitely see the appeal of having a phone that unfolds into a tablet form, and if the Fold had a more svelte form factor, I would probably have picked that up last year.

Last edited:

danfrancisco

Trusted Member
Jan 8, 2017
Visit site
Very cool! Is that a case that you have on it? If so, could we trouble you for some different angles so that we can see how the Z Flip looks protected?

305rob305

Oct 9, 2012
Visit site
Just ordered mine and will be here by Tuesday. I went to my local Best Buy and it felt really nice. The crease and thickness when closed was a concern I had going to the store but once in my hand it felt comfortable.
Only gripe in back of my head is the inferior stats compared to the Ultra which was my other option but to be fair I won't need them. I'm not a photographer

Sapient

Sep 29, 2010
Visit site
This phone ticks none of my boxes. It is not top-of-the-line specs. Slabs fit into my pockets just fine. I'm very much in the Fold market. And yet, I'm obsessed with this thing. The folding glass. The construction. The whole vibe of it. If my S10+ wasn't basically a rigid Flip, I'd be in line for this device.

Enjoy, and feel my jealousy!

SwitchBoardDj

Aug 21, 2019
Visit site
Very nice!

What was your previous phone? Apart from the obvious physical differences, how does it compare as a phone? How is the camera? Anything you miss?

Am very curious and interested to know. Note 10+ user here.

Note 10+, Pixel 4 XL and the iPhone 11 Pro Max before this.

SwitchBoardDj

Aug 21, 2019
Visit site
Just ordered mine and will be here by Tuesday. I went to my local Best Buy and it felt really nice. The crease and thickness when closed was a concern I had going to the store but once in my hand it felt comfortable.
Only gripe in back of my head is the inferior stats compared to the Ultra which was my other option but to be fair I won't need them. I'm not a photographer

I'm not a photographer either. I found myself buying Galaxy phones with all these features like the Galaxy S20 line of phones have and I never use half of the features.

The Flip is just different. I got tired of the norm. I went into best buy to buy some other things today and they saw my phone. I had about 5 best buy employees over checking it out.

cbreze

May 30, 2011
Visit site
I'm not a Samsung fan at all but I might have to go to a Best buy and check this one out. I thought that case was probably a two-piece affair. Looks good.

anon(50597)

Trusted Member
Aug 20, 2010
Visit site
I Got It and I Like It

It will be interesting to see how the screen holds up over time.
Nothing I’m interested in currently but seems to be the new direction we may be going in.

cbreze

May 30, 2011
Visit site
Just checked my local Best buy here and they don't have it.. just wanted to take a look at it anyway. They said when they do get it in another week or two that they won't have a display model anyway. Way to show it off I guess. That's a lose.

Casey Cheung

Mar 7, 2011
Visit site
I played with this today at Best Buy. When folded, it's certainly compact in my hand. Definitely more compact than the other folding phone. But after folding it and unfolding it and folding it and unfolding again...over and over again...the thought occurred to me: will this start to become a constant hassle to me having to remove the phone from pocket, unfold the fold, press power button, either use finger print or facial recognition, swipe the screen up to open phone? I don't actually know how many steps there are to access the phone, but the act of unfolding, folding phone many, many, many, many, many times over throughout the day made me feel.......tired thinking about it.

Attachments

• 20200214_171543.jpg
    20200214_171543.jpg
    515.2 KB · Views: 88

GMGCPA

Aug 23, 2016
Visit site
Agreed completely...the Z Flip is a one trick pony...the constant flipping open and closed will become unnerving sooner than later especially if kept on a desk with that tiny outer screen...S20 Ultra for me...to each their own...

SwitchBoardDj

Aug 21, 2019
Visit site
Its not that big of deal for me to pick up a phone and flip it open. Before the slabs, nobody had any issues with opening a flip phone...lol

I will probably miss the convience of just picking up my phone and just using it. But I like change.

I been using this phone all day and honestly I don't have one complaint about the phone itself.

305rob305

Oct 9, 2012
Visit site
Its not that big of deal for me to pick up a phone and flip it open. Before the slabs, nobody had any issues with opening a flip phone...lol

I will probably miss the convience of just picking up my phone and just using it. But I like change.

I been using this phone all day and honestly I don't have one complaint about the phone itself.
How's the screen? I'm wondering since it's a 1080... Any real inferior difference to the naked eye? And how's the brightness?

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
cloudsofmana