Said a goodbye to my Flip 3 yesterday

droidntn

Jul 4, 2010
Visit site
I have loved my Flip3 but after accidentally tearing half the screen off yesterday, I am now in a S23+.
Come to find out, NOBODY told me that we're not supposed to, despite them being sold, remove the factory screen protector.

And it seems that's the thing, according to VZW with alllll of the flip/folds out now. There is a danger of removing the screen when you remove the flip/fold protectors except the one that comes on it.

VZW and Asurion both told me that you need to put in a claim for a new screen when that one gets muddled up and bad.

I didn't know that. And learning that steered me away from the Flip.

All of that said, I'm really happy in my S23+ now.

I was ALWAYS losing my flip. It's nice that it folds up but really, it's a small form factor now. I lost it 2 or 3 times a week.
The battery life in my Zflip3 was without a doubt the worst battery life of ANY phone I've ever had. But that's a known issue.
I had to constantly carry a charger around. It got so old. I've done the same life with my S23 today and it's at 67 percent coming off the charger 10 hours ago.

And I LOVE being able to use DEX again.

I could go on about the change but I truly did love the experience for awhile with the Flip3. It's a very nice 'little' phone.
I may keep it and have the screen repaired, as a backup.
It's actually pretty cool. Just not as an everyday phone.

Anyway, just informing those in here to do NOT mess with your protector. It's really ugly when the screen itself peels back.

Last edited:
Reactions: Laura Knotek

J Dubbs

Jun 4, 2016
Visit site
Wow 😳 thanks for the heads up 👍 I was wondering how I was going to approach replacing the factory screen protector when the time came.

As far as battery life I expected it to die almost instantly from everything I've read, but I can talk on it for hours without fear.. it lasts WAY longer than I was expecting. And that's using the 85% protect battery feature. I don't have much screen on time at all though... and I'm far from a power user, which I'm sure makes a huge difference.

droidntn

Jul 4, 2010
Visit site
Yeah, I would think I"m that power user. Lots of texts, several calls. Stream music working out or mowing, some video time.
If it was just some phone calls, it'd be fine. It's a cool little gadget for sure.

J Dubbs

Jun 4, 2016
Visit site
Yeah, I would think I"m that power user. Lots of texts, several calls. Stream music working out or mowing, some video time.
If it was just some phone calls, it'd be fine. It's a cool little gadget for sure.
Yep, if I did all that with mine I'd be running out of battery way too soon as well lol. I basically use mine like an old school flip phone 😁

I actually picked up an old school style flipper to see if I could use one... but I still rely too much on smartphone features like navigation occasionally, quick email checks, Google Assistant for calls, mobile banking and others to give that all up.

I'm basically too spoiled by what a modern phone can do to go back in time 😉 They are amazing devices 😃