Inner display protector

Status
Not open for further replies.

bkeaver

Apr 24, 2010
Visit site
Well my inside screen protector messed up in the crease. It's bubbled up from the top to about a 1/3rd of the way down. Kind of bummed.

bandofbrothers2112

Trusted Member
May 30, 2016
Visit site
You could ask Samsung if they'll replace the screen protector for you.

I've used many Whitestone Dome Glass Screen Protectors but the Fold variant looks to be a bit fiddly after watching a few YouTube tutorials.

bkeaver

Apr 24, 2010
Visit site
Let me know how you like it if you decide with them .
Sure will, I think it will depend on whether or not Samsung will correct it, that and what, if anything, it will do to my warranty. God knows I don't want to go down the voided warranty path with this phone.

bkeaver

Apr 24, 2010
Visit site
Ok after talking with Samsung support, they told me to take it to UbreakIFix and they will put a new protector on free of charge. Warranty supposedly covers it. So if this is the case then that's awesome. The last thing I want to do is damage that inner screen from a 3rd party protector install. If it was a normal screen I wouldn't sweat it.

mustang7757

Super Moderator
Feb 6, 2017
Visit site
Sure will, I think it will depend on whether or not Samsung will correct it, that and what, if anything, it will do to my warranty. God knows I don't want to go down the voided warranty path with this phone.
Ok after talking with Samsung support, they told me to take it to UbreakIFix and they will put a new protector on free of charge. Warranty supposedly covers it. So if this is the case then that's awesome. The last thing I want to do is damage that inner screen from a 3rd party protector install. If it was a normal screen I wouldn't sweat it.
Thats good news they going warranty it

Talderon

Jun 5, 2011
Visit site
Yeah let's see what they say at UBreakIFix store. I'm hoping they are on the same page. I'll let you know. I'm not going till after work tomorrow.

Keep me posted too. I have a very small issue with my inner screen protector too and if they will replace for free, there is a ubreakifix here in town. :D

bkeaver

Apr 24, 2010
Visit site
Here is a pic of my screen. Just for reference
b504a343a43bda36a373afa18fe8beab.jpg

bkeaver

Apr 24, 2010
Visit site
Ok I just left UBreakIFix. They are replacing it free of charge. The only downside is they need it for 24 to 48 hours. That would be an issue if I only have 1 phone. But hey it's free and and I don't have to do it.

mustang7757

Super Moderator
Feb 6, 2017
Visit site
Yeah like I said above tho the keep the phone for 1 to 2 days. For those of us that have more than one phone it isn't that big of a deal, but if it's your only phone I don't know how you'd do it.
Hopefully i dont have to go that route but i have multiple devices

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Chelsea rae