The Gear 2 Neo

UJ95x

Retired Ambassador
Aug 26, 2013
Visit site
I'd probably still get the Gear 2. If I were to get a smartwatch, might as well get one with a camera, and the Neo doesn't have that.
I'm sure Tizen will do fine with Samsung's phones...

Sent from my Galaxy S4 running SlimKat 4.4.2

Zay92

Oct 15, 2012
Visit site
I would get the neo since I really don't like the camera on the watch unless I was trying to be sneaky and funny pictures of around friends and family but quality as to be good too

Posted via Android Central App

Spencerdl

Jan 10, 2013
Visit site
I'd probably still get the Gear 2. If I were to get a smartwatch, might as well get one with a camera, and the Neo doesn't have that.
I'm sure Tizen will do fine with Samsung's phones...

Sent from my Galaxy S4 running SlimKat 4.4.2

I already have the Pebble, so if/when I get the Gear2, it will be the top of the line

JimSmith94

Oct 3, 2011
Visit site
I have read that the Gear 2 is metal but the Neo is plastic. It's hard to tell from the pictures, although the specs show the Neo to be a little wider and taller. Has anyone seen them side-by-side and know for sure if the Neo is really plastic?

itinj6

Dec 5, 2013
Visit site
I have read that the Gear 2 is metal but the Neo is plastic. It's hard to tell from the pictures, although the specs show the Neo to be a little wider and taller. Has anyone seen them side-by-side and know for sure if the Neo is really plastic?

In every pic I've seen of them side by side, the body of the Neo is the same color as the band where as the body of the Gear 2 is a white metal (stainless?). It is possible that the band colored body on the Neo is plastic. If it was metal, why would they paint it?

Posted via Android Central App

johnmltb33

Sep 15, 2013
Visit site
I might get the Gear 2 Neo if the price point is $100 or more less than the Gear 2. I don't believe I will use the camera that much, and I think the plastic Neo would be lighter than the Gear 2, but for less than $100 difference, I will probably go ahead with the Gear 2.

Update: Definitely Neo! As I guessed price difference at Sprint & AT&T is $100 - - so Neo here I come!!

Last edited:

DanPLC

May 25, 2011
Visit site
I'd go for the Neo. At my job, we're not allowed to have cameras of any kind in certain areas of the facility. This would make having the Gear 2 a pain. Neo = less money, less hassle.

rmadrid20

Nov 19, 2012
Visit site
I will go with the neo I think for me the camera is not that necessary, will see, maybe I'll change my decision

Sent from my SM-N900T using AC Forums mobile app

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
dumpsterrentals38