Pedometer Error Thoughts

jaltman

Jun 26, 2012
Visit site
Some are reporting discrepancies between pedometer as measured by Neo vs. a real Pedometer. I am willing to bet distance is calculated by average gait distance based on height. So if you have a real pedometer or are able to measure the distance walked by GPS, try adjusting your height in the Neo pedometer and see what adjustment you have to make to get the distances to match. I bet the rest of us can use that to adjust our height to get a more accurate distance walked.

Brandon Barnes1

Mar 30, 2014
Visit site
It definitely isn't accurate as far a treadmills go. For example using the fitness app on the treadmill I'll be up to 3 miles distance but on the Neo it will say 2 miles. Also the heart rate varies a lot.

530XI

Mar 15, 2014
Visit site
I was thinking about this one today and thought that as long as I use the same app, it doesn't matter if it is off as long as I compare the daily results against itself. If it's off 100 steps a day it's consistent against itself. If I want to increase my walk by 2000 steps it is still just adding 2000 steps to the same app.