Audio notifications while working out?

theelite1x87

Trusted Member
Sep 23, 2010
Visit site
Ok, I used Samsung Health by itself before getting the gear fit 2. I really liked the audio notifications that came through headphones or speaker telling me " halfway there" or telling me average speed or miles completed. Very helpful while riding a bike as I know how much farther to ride without stopping to read something. Now, I bought a gear fit 2. Paired it up , registered with Samsung Health etc. All data is being sent as it should. But if I use the fit 2 to start cycling, I do not get any audio notifications thru my headphones anymore. The watch just vibrates. This is not helpful while cycling. If I initiate the activity from the Samsung Health it all still works fine but when I do that it seems as though the gear fit 2 goes totally unused defeating the purpose of having it. Any ideas here? I use Bluetooth headphones, but I stream .usic thru Google play so they are paired to my phone.

Alanhd

Mar 2, 2016
Visit site
Mine gives me the audio notifications but my headphones are paired to the gear fit. I think that's your problem.
Can you put some music on your watch and try pair with it to test.

theelite1x87

Trusted Member
Sep 23, 2010
Visit site
Yeah. I did testing. Only works with local mp3s on the fit itself. You'd think the gear fit would send a signal to the app on phone to do this but the app and watch seem to work totally independent of each other. App has no idea what watch is doing during excersise. You have to wait for watch to end it's task and resynchronize with app. Reverse is true. If you start activity from app, the watch will go totally unused. Even though it knows it's paired. Honestly the integration here is pretty weak.

ccomley

Jun 19, 2017
Visit site
Yes, though I guess constantly swapping data would deplete both batteries, pity they didn't give you the option. See also counting steps - phone and watch both count and don't realise they're counting the SAME steps unless you tell the app which one to use.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
KZCY