Question tablet reset didn't work and won't move past start screen

hulkjr77

May 9, 2024
Visit site
tablet was factory rest as it was not working well for a while but now it is stuck on mediatek powered by android screen won't move forward. I have let it stay on it hours and still nothing. I try all the reset options but still nothing. I plug into computer and it charges it but cant access it. What can I do?

hulkjr77

May 9, 2024
Visit site
just seams like it has no operating system just stays on opening screen that did take a couple seconds to go pastI have seen a no command screen which I am not sure what that means

B. Diddy

Senior Ambassador
Mar 9, 2012
Visit site
Welcome to Android Central! You mentioned in your other thread that the tablet brand is "IBBWB": https://forums.androidcentral.com/t...bbwb-tablet-android-operating-system.1067952/. That's almost certainly some off-brand/no-name device sold directly from China, which means it has zero quality control and zero support. What you're seeing is due to either hardware failure or firmware corruption. There's pretty much nothing you'll be able to do about either, I'm afraid. Time to recycle it, and next time, avoid these kinds of devices, no matter how cheap they are, and no matter what outlandish lies the product listing tells you about their specs (they're never true).

joeldf

Dec 19, 2011
Visit site
so I can't just load firmware on it? It has no damage other then it forgot what to load.
Where would you get this firmware?

Android firmware is always device specific. You have to find the right specific firmware for that tablet.

Even custom ROMs were made by someone who worked to add all the relevant hardware drivers for specific device models. There is no one "generic" firmware that'll work on all devices.

Looking around the web, if yours is the IBBWB tablet, there is no support page anywhere. I wouldn't know where to even find any firmware to try to load.

And, you would still need to get the thing into Recovery or the Bootloader menu to do anything like loading any firmware anyway. Typically, that involves shutting it down, then holding the power button and one of the volume buttons at the same time during boot-up. Have you tried that yet?

B. Diddy

Senior Ambassador
Mar 9, 2012
Visit site
they are all cheap, but when nothing is broken that's a real waste to toss.
All tablets are not created equal. The ones made by reputable manufacturers (Google, Samsung, Lenovo) will have gone through many cycles of testing and troubleshooting, so their quality control will be much better (for both hardware and firmware). The no-name/off-brand manufacturers will just throw together some off-the-shelf parts, and probably tweak some stock ROM to make it work for the most part with the hardware, then send it to market without any intention of updates, patches, or support.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
NotifyWord