Gear Fit 2: A way to NOT light up at night?

• Thread starter Android Central Question
  • Start date
A

Android Central Question

Is there a way/setting option to prevent my Gear Fit 2 from lighting up at night? It's annoying when I move and the whole room lights up from the arm motion! Perhaps a setting "Don't light up between 9pm and 5am", with the option to still light up if a button is pressed.

ccomley

Jun 19, 2017
Visit site
Is there a way/setting option to prevent my Gear Fit 2 from lighting up at night? It's annoying when I move and the whole room lights up from the arm motion! Perhaps a setting "Don't light up between 9pm and 5am", with the option to still light up if a button is pressed.

DoNotDisturb mode. No way to automate it far as I can see but it's easy enough.
Swipe down on the screen, tap the right hand icon (dash in a circle - e.g a "no entry" sign), and confirm. Same process to turn it off.
- it won't light up when you move. The only light you will get at night is from the heart rate monitor on the back.
- it won't vibrate - except for if you set an alarm!
- it won't light up when you get a notification of any sort.
- the battery will last a lot longer.

Whilst in DND mode, you can still check the time (etc) by giving the button a quick press. Once you've lit the screen you can swipe right to view any notifications or, indeed use any other function as if the watch had been on all the time, and close it again with a flat palm.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
tress