Cnet review on gear S

Jim Buono

Feb 28, 2014
Visit site
Scott Stein is a well known Apple shill. If it doesn't have the fruit on it, it comes up short.
If it has the Apple logo it can also have short battery life, lesser resolution, missing features and its still the best there is.
Apple shills must live in fear that they won't be invited to the next Apple event.

aitt

Feb 20, 2011
Visit site
The main thing that I agree with him on his the App Store and the apps themselves. They largely suck because they don't support Gear S Stand Alone. It's hard to want to market leaving your phone and use Edmondo that requires a phone connection.

However the keyboard has Gear QWERTY option that makes it MUCH better the predictive text. He never touched on the remote connect. Or Navigation. What he failed to mention is how Opera is a full fledge browser that can access any social mobile site to make up for missing apps. I made the mistake of glancing at the comments and same stupid Samsung/Apple my idiocy is bigger than yours flame war.

To be honest, I don't think this was bad at all. Not fully detailed in what the Gear S can do. This thing has SO MUCH potential but it's being scaled back to the lack of Dev support/updates for apps. Having to download apps twice and ridiculous IMO.

But NOTHING is better than things.

I wore my 360 last night cause I didn't want to wear my S out at D&B (DRUUUUUNK LAST NIGHT) and was confused why my phone said I was connected to my Gear S.

REMOTE CONNECT! Love this damn watch.

jlczl

Apr 28, 2011
Visit site
The review seems accurate to me. The only thing keeping me from returning it yet is the $75 restocking fee. I'm going to really try and make it work as well as my 360 over the next few days.

Posted via the Android Central App

Last edited:

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
tivativa