Schedule on watch face is one hour off

Cody Bean

Oct 14, 2015
Visit site
When I set my watch face to show my next scheduled event it always shows 1 hour later than the actual start time. I have factory reset the watch and reinstalled the gear manager app on my phone. The watch itself and my phone are both showing the correct time of day. I have tried manually setting the time on the phone and locking the time zone in the calendar app on the phone. I have a Galaxy Note 5 with the stock calendar app. Anyone have any ideas?

FitzAusTex

Oct 28, 2010
Visit site
Sorry, no ideas, but can confirm that on my Nexus 5, I'm getting the correct hour. Just set up two events and they both worked correctly.

WeathermanGS1

Oct 15, 2015
Visit site
There are two people in my household (me being one of them) that are having the same exact issue so you are not alone. We both have Note 5s as well. Talked to Samsung tech support yesterday about it and they have no clue what to do unfortunately. Hoping for a fix soon because that's a feature I've used all the time with past smart watches.

Posted via the Android Central App

Sep 8, 2015
Visit site
Having the same issue.

What's more is that if I go into the Schedule app on the phone it does show the correct times for all my appointments. Only on the watch face is it off.

Using Sony Xperia Z3 Compact on android 5.1.1

Cody Bean

Oct 14, 2015
Visit site
Glad to know it isn't just me. I was so frustrated after talking to 3 different Samsung phone support people. The last one told me just to bring it back to the store. That seemed odd.

Lawrence - I have the same experience as you. The schedule app on the watch shows the correct time. It is only on the digital watch face that I see the 1 hour difference with the event start time. I tried searching through the app store to find another watch face that allows you to show your next scheduled event but so far I haven't found anything. Does anyone know of a downloadable watch face that allows this specific customization? It is possible that it is just a glitch with the digital watch face that comes with the watch.

I also have sent an email to Samsung support. Does anyone know if there is a better way to report a specific problem to Samsung?

Thanks!

haus

Feb 5, 2011
Visit site
This doesn't really help but I'm curious what happens in 2 weeks when daylight savings flips over.

Sent from my SM-N920V using Tapatalk

edubb256

Oct 22, 2010
Visit site
Same issue here. I have a Galaxy S6. Time for appointment is one hour ahead on the digital watch face, but correct in both the watch widget and watch calendar app. Funny that it works fine on Nexus 5 (per FitzAusTex's post), but does not work on Samsung Galaxy S6.

FitzAusTex

Oct 28, 2010
Visit site
I made a mistake if you have access to an actual watch face that displays calendar info. I don't seem to have any watch faces that display calendar info. I saw pictures of the Modern Utility watch face that supposedly displays calendar, and other info info along the bottom arc, but mine doesn't display anything down there. What watch face are you using and I'll check.

Cody Bean

Oct 14, 2015
Visit site
I am using the one called digital that comes preinstalled either on the watch or on the gear manager SW. Just set complication 1 to schedule.

Attachments

• 5079.jpg
    5079.jpg
    14.7 KB · Views: 36

Cody Bean

Oct 14, 2015
Visit site
I received an official "answer" to my email from samsung.

Perform the below troubleshooting steps and check if the issue resolves or not.
1. On your phone, go to Settings>>Applications>>Application manager>>swipe the screen towards to get All (header)>>search and tap on Calendar>>tap on Clear cache and Force stop.
2. Again go to Settings>>Applications>>Application manager>>All>>tap on more (3 vertical dots ate top right corner of the screen)>>select Reset app preferences>>Reset app>>OK>>press home button>>select TouchWiz home>>Always>>OK. Restart both your phone and Gear device and check the result.

However this didnt work and they gave me no way to respond to the email or update any ticket.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
dumpsterrentals38