3G on Classic and Samsung Pay Coming Soon

rellim

Jun 10, 2013
Visit site
Samsung announced today that a 3G Classic, a luxury S2 and Samsung Pay are expected soon. It looks like Samsung is encouraged by early sales and wants to rush new variations to counter competitor products. Now, if they would just get busy on promised apps and announce a plus size S2 to compete with the larger Moto 360 and other smartwatches.

"...Samsung Electronics is planning to vary its smart watches, such as the Gear S2 Classic with a 3G wireless telecommunication function, and Gear S2 in rose gold for the purpose of preempting the smart watch market. In addition, the company will appeal to luxury watch users by launching luxury versions of the Gear S2 based on high-class external materials that can fetch 1 million won (US$882) per unit." See more at: Pay with Your Watch: Samsung’s Next Smart Watch Will Come with Samsung Pay | BusinessKorea

haus

Feb 5, 2011
Visit site
Wow. A Classic S2 with 3G would be very compelling. You could grab a couple of easy-off straps (I have no idea what they're called, but my Gear 2 has one and I"m guessing the Classic has it too), in a plastic/silicone style for activities, and a leather or metal one for work and going out, and you'd be totally set.

This is encouraging - thanks for posting.

PaulSims

Nov 7, 2015
Visit site
Well, damn. I was really torn between the functionality of the 3G and the great looks of the Classic, so this is great news. But now my dilemma is should I go ahead and get a Classic now, or wait (who knows how long) for the 3G Classic.

Maybe get a Classic now, then sell it when the 3G Classic comes out? I wonder what the resale value on these things will be.

Members online

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
cloudsofmana