AT&T Numbersync and Text Messages - Samsung Messaging App issue

DeepSeaGoddess

May 15, 2013
Visit site
So, I have some information from AT&T on numbersync and the Samsung messaging app. I called today because yesterday, I was getting text messages just fine when the watch wasn't connected to the phone but today it isn't working. After spending a lot of time with the tech person on the phone, this is a known issue and it is an issue with the Samsung messaging app. Samsung is apparently aware of the issue and hopefully working on a fix which probably means another update to the watch. It is not apparently and AT&T issue but and issue between the Samsung phone and the gear s2 and specific to the messaging app.

Makes sense because I was getting email notifications from gmail just fine but no text messages today. She also had me setup the default messaging application as the AT&T messages to test. Every time I send one I get the notification for the AT&T messaging application on the watch when it isn't connected to the phone. I'm not going to leave it with this AT&T messages as the default because well, you can't reply to messages in it on the watch. What good is that if my phone is not near?

Anyway, hopefully Samsung gets this FIXED ASAP. This has been driving me crazy! At least I know now where the issue is and at least it sounds like Samsung is owning up to it!

Therefore, thought I'd pass this information along.

SpookDroid

Ambassador
Jul 14, 2011
Visit site
Thanks for the heads up! I agree it's a PITA but at least with this we know it's a known issue and that (hopefully) a fix is on the way. It will help us point users with the same issue in the right direction...even if that direction is 'it's a bug, we know about it... hang on tight'.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
cloudsofmana