I hate this watch!!!

audri5

Mar 28, 2014
Visit site
I have owned all the Samsung Gear watches. This one is garbage! I wish I could take it back. It disconnects from my note 5 more than it connects. No wonder the battery goes so fast it is always searching for the watch. It can be sitting on the phone and call forwarding or remote connection turn on. Some days it works, most days it doesn't! I've had to hard reset the watch 3 times and my phone once. Most recently my watch stopped getting phone calls. It worked once after a hard reset. I don't know if it works since then because Bluetooth won't stay connected long enough to find out. S voice is the worst I've EVER seen. 80% of the time it says it didn't hear me. I say call Lee and after spinning an entire minute, call Lee, comes up on the screen and the voice says, "I'm sorry, there is no Lee in your contacts." I would love it if there were more apps but what I really want is for the darn thing to work. I'm trying to wait for the update that hit Korea but it doesn't seem to be coming to the US and I'm beyond frustrated and tired of waiting!

Posted via the Android Central App

kevinpleasants

Dec 18, 2010
Visit site
I absolutely love my watch. I don't have any of the problems you mentioned. Return it and get a replacement because sounds like you have a defective one. It won't hurt to try another one since the one you have now is not working right. I hope this helps.

Ittlebit

Oct 16, 2015
Visit site
I am sorry you are going through that. My watch works just fine but obviously yours does not. I hope you still have time to return it and get another one.

Note 4 with Gear S2 3G

A0425A

Nov 28, 2013
Visit site
While I'm on the fence about keeping mine the only issue I have that you mention is S Voice needs some work. By work I mean it's not as good as OK Google (but what is). I seriously think you have a defective watch. Try replacing it.

As an aside, I have been reading and watching videos and thinking about taking this back for a 360 Gen 2. But two things keep me from doing that. First, the display. It's just so nice to look at. There's not an android wearable that can match it. Second scheduler. I have a busy life and I can't always do things at the time my calendar says I should. So to be able to snooze calendar events is very important. I know that's more than a TW thing than S2 feature but I can't do it with a 360.

I am banking on development which is a bet I might loose.

haus

Feb 5, 2011
Visit site
OP your Bluetooth issue may be with the Note 5 rather than the watch. People have described note 5's with problematic Bluetooth antennas, so if the S2 is your first Bluetooth device I'd have the phone checked out (go to Best Buy, stand in the cell section, and scan for devices alongside their in store note 5). Otherwise there's definitely something wrong with your watch.

becosemsaida

Jan 5, 2016
Visit site
Reset watch---- turn off all comm (wi-fi, bluetooth and NFC)------ disconnect all comm from Note 5, errase all gear connections from wi-fi or bluetooth, make bluetooth connection and pair NEW device...... Software should be updated on both phone and watch for all to be good.

Last possible solution: try with another phone and check watch.

beco

P.S: If that still doesn't work send me a PM and i will send you my address so you can send it for free to me, i'll manage don't worry :)

AlexMartin0

Dec 10, 2012
Visit site
I had to replace my Note 5 because of poor Bluetooth connectivity. Sounds like the same problem I was having. It was night and day once I received my new Note 5.

Lennatron

Dec 29, 2015
Visit site
Its ashame you are having so many issues with your watch. I've had mine for about a month and haven't had any issues. I have the Galaxy S5 and the Bluetooth has never disconnected unless I walked out of range and even then it always reconnects. As others said, it seems your watch is defective or your phone's Bluetooth is defective.

onlysamsung6

Dec 30, 2015
Visit site
I actually love this watch i had the gear 2 neo before it and it is such an improvement I have only had one problem I didn't receive notification but that only happened once I just went in settings and turned it off then on and I worked that battery is really good

KoukiFC3S

Oct 9, 2009
Visit site
Sorry to read you're having a bad time.

Mine is working great. I have the 3G version and come one with 70% battery after 16 hours.

Jim Buono

Feb 28, 2014
Visit site
Mine is back at Samsung because it won't receive calls, goes straight to voice mail. ATT claims it is not a network issue as they have researched possible problems and there are none.

I found Samsung very difficult to deal with on the issue. Of course, they claimed it was because I was using a Nexus 6, which is on their approved list. They actually stated that even though it was approved, there could be minor inconsistencies. I told them not being able to receive a call is not a minor inconsistency, they finally agreed.

I also pointed out the the S2 wouldn't receive calls in standalone mode, with my Nexus 6 shut off. They had no answer for that.

Finally, I asked them to send an RMA and check it themselves, which they reluctantly agreed to do. They have the watch, I'm awaiting their response.

I had an issue with my Gear S. One of the tips broke off the charging dock. It would still work if held against the watch so the watch was good it was just a broken tip on the dock. It was still under warranty so I asked them to just replace the dock. They told me I had to send everything back, which I did. I then received an email that the watch had to be replaced at a cost to me of $250 as it was defective. I told them to send everything back to me. I bought a replacement dock on Ebay for $10 and when I received the watch back I put the dock on it and it worked just fine.

I have little confidence in Samsung customer service to solve any problems and this will cause me to think twice before buying Samsung in the future.

Almeuit

Moderator Team Leader
Apr 17, 2012
Visit site
Mod Note - let's keep the personal attacks off the forum. If you don't care for the post you don't have to respond.

Thanks.

Japandaman

Apr 28, 2012
Visit site
Purely for comparison's sake, I'll add my 2 cents and say that my Gear S2 works like a dream. I don't really have a need for S Voice so I can't say how that works but everything else is amazing.

Audrey Mahan

Jul 29, 2013
Visit site
Well thank you 100 times over to everyone who said it may be a Bluetooth issue with the phone. I had the gear S and thought it worked fine but realize now it really wasn't. When I got my note 5 there were a few things I tried to do that didn't work on the phone but I thought I just didn't know how to do it right. My screen mirroring wouldn't work, my Bluetooth wouldn't work from phone to gear s in my bathroom (I thought it was because of plumbimg pipes in the wall), s voice would talk to me randomly in a room with people talking (I thought it was picking up something someone said in the room by mistake). Then after posting that my watch didn't work at all anymore I started really having problems with the phone. I finally called and got the phone replaced under warranty and my phone AND watch work fabulously!!! Everything on the phone works perfect and the watch too. I'm still not happy with the s voice on the watch but even that is better than it was. Anyway, thanks again for making me question the phone and getting it replaced. As a result this thread should be titeled, I Love This Watch! 😆

Posted via the Android Central App

LowIQ

Nov 5, 2011
Visit site
You should do a 'Hard Reset' on your Galaxy Note 5!, on a previous smartwatch Gear 2 Neo in which I had oodles of problems from an Android app in which interfered with my Bluetooth & WiFi connection. All I did was to clear the Cache & continue with a Hard Reset to reinstall everything.
Google backup for me is sufficiant for the reinstall of app's, if you need one to completely copy configuration files, I prefer to manually enter everything to give it a good once over, but if not Titanium Backup PRO will automate everything back to they way it was...
also, make sure you get an SMS Backup app to reinstall all your text messages. I use this one below or if you get Titanium Backup PRO it does a backup automaticaly of all SMS (text) messages https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=com.zegoggles.smssync

Once I did a clean install, all my problems went away!

It's why when I got my Gear S2 to immediately made a backup to start with a clean install on my Galaxy Note 4,
it's not always nesesary, but it's prudent to do so.