Samsung Gear s2 Heating up and draining battery FAST when connected Remotely

A

AC Question

I'm on my 3rd Gear s2 in a month and when I get far enough away from my phone and it connects remotely using the mobile networks, this watch will overheat and drain super super fast, as the last 2 I returned. While doing this it will grab random old text messages and ding in as if they are new. I really thing its ATT's numbersync that is causing it as that seems to not do this when I suspend numbersync but doing that makes the 3g useless . ANYONE have this issue? Im on my 3rd watch and sick of calling tech support. Messaging backup and sync are on.. Im about to smash it and move on.

crp852

May 30, 2011
Visit site
Same setup as yours - AT&T with Numbersync. I hadn't thought much about it until you mentioned it, but yes, my Gear S2 does the same ding with "new" messages (that are definitely not new) when the S2 transitions from bluetooth to Remote connection. I just dismiss the messages, now that I've had the wearable long enough to know it's going to do that, I'm not surprised by it anymore. It IS annoying though.

But, my S2 doesn't overheat even if it stays connected remotely. So, sorry, I don't have that issue.

cmb713

Aug 30, 2015
Visit site
I had this issue today. My brand new S2 4g through AT&T overheated several times while trying to go out on a run this morning plus my battery is depleting quickly. I had location on, streaming milk music, using BT headphones and using the s health watch app. I left my N7 at home. I couldn't go more than 200yards before my watch was beeping and went into cool down mode. So should I just turn off number sync? Could that be the culprit?