Sleep tracking through SHealth

Epwhamilton

Oct 17, 2014
Visit site
Ok, so i have a Fitbit Charge 2 at present and am upgrading to a Gear S3 in a few days. Out of interest I downloaded SHealth last night and synced with my Fitbit account, but the sleep cycles bear absolutely no relation to each other. If this is from the same device it gives me no confidence in shealth as a sleep tracker! What are your thoughts? A bug?

Attachments

• 2297.jpg
    2297.jpg
    32.1 KB · Views: 87

Epwhamilton

Oct 17, 2014
Visit site
Yes sorry, the shealth one failed to upload. So this is the same dataset from both shealth and fitbit. The results that are shown by fitbit are much more believable I would say

Attachments

• 2297.jpg
    2297.jpg
    32.1 KB · Views: 78

D13H4RD2L1V3

Retired Moderator
Sep 4, 2013
Visit site
Looks like I would probably put more trust in the Fitbit data.

Sounds like something got messed up either in API translation or something

11B1P

Trusted Member
Sep 16, 2012
Visit site
So this is the same data set from both shealth and fitbit. The results that are shown by fitbit are much more believable I would say

You were awake for 1hr and 2 min? And only 53 min of deep sleep? It doesn't look believable to me. I'll post mine for comparison.

Epwhamilton

Oct 17, 2014
Visit site
I see your point, but what about the complete lack of REM? I do notice that your app still refers to Restless, Light & Motionless. I wonder if that's the clue here

11B1P

Trusted Member
Sep 16, 2012
Visit site
yeah, my thought is that you've recorded the info via your fitbit and then uploaded that info to Samsung health. I would guess there are different recording metrics for each platform, and therefore the difference. REM would be recorded as motionless, correct?

BlackSheriff84

Jan 21, 2017
Visit site
Has anybody managed to get the Gear S3 to display sleep stages similar to to fitbit?
I have transferred my sleep data from fitbit usinh fitnesssyncer to shealth and I wish the Gear S3 displayed the same.

Attachments

• 20170715_222807.jpg
    20170715_222807.jpg
    247.3 KB · Views: 43

11B1P

Trusted Member
Sep 16, 2012
Visit site
Well to start with, you've displayed 2 different nights. How can we make a honest comparison of data? Second, again, there may be different metrics used for sleep tracking between SH and FB. Chevy vs Ford. They both are cars and provide transportation, but one will get better gas mileage than the other one.

Is it possible they are stating the same info, but just using different words? Maybe REM or Deep = Motionless? Restless = Awake?

I think the key is to use the results as a "guide" and not an exact science.

Epwhamilton

Oct 17, 2014
Visit site
Half an hour or so reading in bed before going to sleep, then the same again when I shower in the morning generally keeps me going.

BlackSheriff84

Jan 21, 2017
Visit site
Well to start with, you've displayed 2 different nights. How can we make a honest comparison of data? Second, again, there may be different metrics used for sleep tracking between SH and FB. Chevy vs Ford. They both are cars and provide transportation, but one will get better gas mileage than the other one.

Is it possible they are stating the same info, but just using different words? Maybe REM or Deep = Motionless? Restless = Awake?

I think the key is to use the results as a "guide" and not an exact science.

Well I wasn't comparing the data per say more just the way the data is displayed. The fact that I'm showing different night is irrelevant.

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
123dzo