Gear Sport a useless piece of crap for HR monitoring?

LeakyAbstraction

Jul 7, 2018
Visit site
I recently bought a Gear Sport, after watching/reading plenty of reviews about the S3 and the Sport watches, and I find it literally shocking how useless the HR monitoring is.

Having the exact same issues as people commented on 4 years ago in connection to the Gear 2 and Gear 2 Neo:
>Gear 2 - heart rate monitor horribly inaccurate?<

Is it just me? Or Samsung really didn't improve nearly anything on their HR monitoring before releasing a product that is marketed specifically for sport activity tracking? :'(

BicycleDave

Jul 11, 2018
Visit site
I've owned (and worn) a Gear S3 for eleven months, but today I'm going back to my Timex. This last update was the last straw because the battery won't last a full day any longer - only about 12 hours. Even though I turned off almost everything but the most basic apps, turned down the brightness, don't use always-on, etc. However, even before this update, this has been one of the most annoying watches I've ever owned. It's useless for cycling. Stopwatch drains the battery. It doesn't count stairs accurately. In general, most of the apps I've tried are more annoying than useful.

rld082982

Oct 29, 2014
Visit site
This has always been my major complaint with the Gear S2... the heart rate readings are taken VERY sporadically, I can't decipher a pattern to it. I have it set to take a reading every hour or whatever the most frequent is (short of constant) and at most I get MAYBE one a day, sometimes only one every couple of days.
And when I manually take a reading, half the time it fails and tells me to readjust it on my wrist.

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
danishpeer