Android Smartwatch Advice for health problems, please! Which smart watch should I get?

A

AC Question

Android Smartwatch Advice for health problems, please!

Hi there, i'm looking to buy a smart watch to aid with my health problems, but am not sure which watches meet my specific criteria.

1) a watch that can receive notifications, more specifically notifications from the medisafe app.

This is because I take around 40 tablets a day, over 6 time slots. Medisafe is a fantastic app that tells me what meds to take when, but when I don't have my phone on my person (and a note 4 isn't always something you slip in your pocket wandering around the house) I miss the alarms. Medisafe developers say they have developed function for android smartwatches to push notifications that will still alert you when your watch is out of range of the phone- perfect solution!

2) a watch that can either do continuous heart rate monitoring 24/7 or at the very least record my heart rate for a period of time when I ask it to, not just take individual one off readings.

I have a problem with my lungs that means I loose oxygen when I walk, I'm undergoing hospital rehab but would like to be able to monitor my heart rate whilst exercising and walking around at home etc.

3) a watch that can record my activity at the hospital gym and help me monitor my progress.

Id be really greatful for any suggestions you have- it seems to me that notifications are for the fashion watches and heart rate monitoring for the fitness watches, struggling to find watches that cover both bases and give indepth enough info on heart rate monitoring capabilities.

if anyone is able to download the medisafe app and test it out on their watch that would be infinitely helpful not only to me but I am sure lots of other people too. It really is a fantastic app!

Many thanks x

B. Diddy

Senior Ambassador
Mar 9, 2012
Visit site
Re: Android Smartwatch Advice for health problems, please!

Welcome to Android Central! From what I know, there are no Android Wear watches that can monitor heart rate continuously. The Moto 360 will check it on a periodic basis, but reviews do not mention any capability for continuous monitoring. Pebbles don't have a heart rate monitor either.

The Samsung Gear Fit might be a decent choice--this review describes continuous heart rate monitoring in exercise mode, but I'm not sure if it's easy to do it all the time. And it looks like it can handle notifications from apps, although I can't be sure if that includes all apps, or only certain ones.

The Garmin Vivoactive is another one to consider. It requires a heart rate strap as well. It sounds like it can handle notifications from many apps.

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ukfred