Samsung pay officially released!!

ListenToJulian

Sep 21, 2015
Visit site
Correct. As of now, the only partners are American Express, Bank of America, CitiBank, U.S. Bank, Visa, Mastercard, AT&T, Sprint, T-mobile, U.S. Cellular, (my Verizon Note 5 is all setup as well) & all the others I mentioned earlier.

AllPhones

Nov 7, 2012
Visit site
Re: With Verizon? Want Samsung Pay?

Other than blocking root capability, is there anything AT&T prevents the Note 5 from doing?

Yes. Usually AT&T will remove features the HD Quality voice, Samsung Security App Management, and a couple of other things I can't remember. The N920I has things that the N920A doesn't have, but honestly from using both it's not a big deal at all. On the other hand, AT&T has added some things like Enhanced voLTE and S-PAY.

racedog

Feb 3, 2011
Visit site

I've got Samsung pay working in my Verizon Note 5. I'm trying to post the apk and screen proof but I gotta get my post number up.

I can't imagine anything more dangerous than side loading an app that is going to take a picture of your credit card and all the pertinent data! That's nothing short of nuts and a complete invitation to less than honest people to distribute. People, think about what you're doing before doing something like this!

stefonglover

Apr 19, 2013
Visit site
Because I called the people at Samsung Pay. The cards it currently supports are:
Bank of America: Consumer credit & debit - Visa or Mastercard
Bank of America: Small business (owner cards) - Visa
Merrill-Lynch: Consumer - Visa or Mastercard
U.S. Trust: Consumer - Visa or Mastercard
U.S. Bank: Consumer - Visa

Everything else should go live at 3pm central 9/28

You're right. Just called to make sure. The rep told me to check back tomorrow because the list of supported cards will be updated. Since the beta started, I just been using my BOfA card. You would be surprised how many reactions I've received when using samsung pay! :)

ListenToJulian

Sep 21, 2015
Visit site

You're right. I don't know if I myself would sideload an app like Samsung Pay off of a forum however, I'm just trying to share the light lol. Even then, not only will I post the link to the apk but I will tell you how I came across it which was 100% safe. Either way is up to whoever.

ListenToJulian

Sep 21, 2015
Visit site
I think in the near future FAR more banks will support it. Last I heard since launch in Korea over 30 million dollars was processed through Samsung Pay. That's insane! Can't wait till I can use all my cards!!!

bobn4burton

Sep 28, 2015
Visit site

You're right. I don't know if I myself would sideload an app like Samsung Pay off of a forum however, I'm just trying to share the light lol. Even then, not only will I post the link to the apk but I will tell you how I came across it which was 100% safe. Either way is up to whoever.

Ok, you have my interest piqued... How did you get the Samsung pay app that is 100% safe??

And did you require root at all to get this working??

ListenToJulian

Sep 21, 2015
Visit site

No root required. Moreso just being in the right place at the right time. I think my thread finally got posted. It's titled "Samsung Pay Working On Verizon Note 5"

ListenToJulian

Sep 21, 2015
Visit site

I sent the apk over yesterday from a newly updated T-mobile Galaxy S6 Edge and it updated earlier today then viola! Samsung Pay working! However at the moment it's still in beta so you can only use the accepted partners. (This is an excerpt from my thread. I tried to post the links & welcoming emails but I keep getting warnings and I'm waiting on a moderator). Basically just find a T-mobile S6 Edge send the Samsung Pay .apk file over.

digitalbreak

Trusted Member
Jun 13, 2013
Visit site
Re: Samsung Pay Tips and Tricks

Used today at Safeway and actually just used the MST way at McDonalds and worked great!!

Posted via the Android Central App

Kelly Kearns

Jan 10, 2012
Visit site

This is my opinion, I would never, ever put my credit card or debit card in an app that did not come directly from Samsung.

Almeuit

Moderator Team Leader
Apr 17, 2012
Visit site

I sent the apk over yesterday from a newly updated T-mobile Galaxy S6 Edge and it updated earlier today then viola! Samsung Pay working! However at the moment it's still in beta so you can only use the accepted partners. (This is an excerpt from my thread. I tried to post the links & welcoming emails but I keep getting warnings and I'm waiting on a moderator). Basically just find a T-mobile S6 Edge send the Samsung Pay .apk file over.

Check your PMs.

Rules Located Here - http://forums.mobilenations.com/rules-policies/500-community-rules-guidelines.html.

TheMatrix31

Feb 13, 2011
Visit site
I'm downloading it for the first time (didn't have beta) on Sprint right now and it's 8:41pm on Sunday night here (I'm in California).

Had a couple quick questions: What happens with cards that have chips in them? And I have to turn NFC on whenever I expect to use it?

EDIT: Installed and set it up. Tried my bank card and it didn't work. Guess Wells isn't supported yet. Maybe tomorrow. Tried Amex and the first time it didn't take but I did it again and it registered. Sweet. Pretty neat and intuitive. I hope I get to use it often.

Last edited:

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
RandyRoyalty