Samsung pay officially released!!

TheMatrix31

Feb 13, 2011
Visit site
Lots of people have been tweeting Wells today and I actually got a reply from them:

"We're always exploring how to improve customers' mobile experiences. We'll let you know when we add new mobile wallets."

Well okay. Guess we'll wait. Not sure why these agreements weren't already in place but whatever, at least Amex works.

20blks

Nov 10, 2010
Visit site
Lots of people have been tweeting Wells today and I actually got a reply from them:

"We're always exploring how to improve customers' mobile experiences. We'll let you know when we add new mobile wallets."

Well okay. Guess we'll wait. Not sure why these agreements weren't already in place but whatever, at least Amex works.

I think the banks that aren't supported at the moment are vested in other mobile payment methods

Delirious D

Nov 13, 2012
Visit site

Guru

Sep 16, 2011
Visit site
Anyone try with the Bluebird Am Ex card yet? Tried to register it and told me not supported yet but regular Am Ex cards are. In case anyone is wondering Bluebird Am Ex is their reloadable debit card thing with walmart.

DeepSeaGoddess

May 15, 2013
Visit site
I just opened a Bank of America checking yesterday! :) It was comparable to what I had with my credit union but, who knows when my credit union would work with Samsung pay. Crazy to open a new acct with a bank JUST to be able to use Samsung pay, huh? This is definitely a smart move on BOA, CIti, and US Bank part....the other big banks need to just get onboard!!

stefonglover

Apr 19, 2013
Visit site
I just opened a Bank of America checking yesterday! :) It was comparable to what I had with my credit union but, who knows when my credit union would work with Samsung pay. Crazy to open a new acct with a bank JUST to be able to use Samsung pay, huh? This is definitely a smart move on BOA, CIti, and US Bank part....the other big banks need to just get onboard!!

I honestly think that's the plan! The amount of banks are limited on purpose to get people to sign up for one of the participating banks. BOFA is my primary account, so I have no problem with samsung pay. I think after the promotion ends, a lot more bank will be added. Think about it.... if samsung was running the promotion with a lot more banks listed, they would run out of supplies to give away fast!! It's all part of their marketing.

Posted via the Android Central App

calicocat2010

Jun 22, 2013
Visit site
I honestly think that's the plan! The amount of banks are limited on purpose to get people to sign up for one of the participating banks. BOFA is my primary account, so I have no problem with samsung pay. I think after the promotion ends, a lot more bank will be added. Think about it.... if samsung was running the promotion with a lot more banks listed, they would run out of supplies to give away fast!! It's all part of their marketing.

Posted via the Android Central App

"if samsung was running the promotion with a lot more banks listed," .....Then A LOT MORE Note 5 and S6 Edge + owners would be happy . I'M one of them and I'm NOT happy. I want to use Samsung Pay.

eandalis

Sep 28, 2015
Visit site
I would call Samsung Pay before doing that. The number is in the more section of the app under help, I think it was. If you can't find it, let me know, it is in my contacts.

Attempted to call Samsung Pay help last night, but was on hold for about 30 minutes, before i gave up...figured it was busy since it was the 1st day. Saw on another topic forum, that decrypting the phone helps...so gave it a try and it worked. idk why, but glad i can use Samsung Pay now.

OceanView

Jul 13, 2012
Visit site
I just used Samsung Pay at 7-11. Worked great!
Tried Android pay but it didn't work and the clerk sez, oh our card reader is old technology.
Then I pulled up Samsung Pay and Boom! it just works. The clerk was amazed and asked about how I did it.
I went on about explaining that it's Samsung Pay, then I hear from a girl behind me in line that sez, "oh you can do that with an iPhone". I turn around and look at her with a smile and say, oh no you can't. :p

TheDonJ77

May 13, 2011
Visit site
I just used Samsung Pay at 7-11. Worked great!
Tried Android pay but it didn't work and the clerk sez, oh our card reader is old technology.
Then I pulled up Samsung Pay and Boom! it just works. The clerk was amazed and asked about how I did it.
I went on about explaining that it's Samsung Pay, then I hear from a girl behind me in line that sez, "oh you can do that with an iPhone". I turn around and look at her with a smile and say, oh no you can't.
Awesome! You shoulda said, try it and watched her iFail! Lol

Sent from Da Beast, AKA, The classy white, Galaxy Note 5

njguy0414

Apr 27, 2010
Visit site
Looking for some advice. I just set up my Note 5 with Samsung pay and a Citi Mastercard. That part went ok. I wanted to see what happens so I swipe up, "Pay with fingerprint", when I put my finger on to verify it buzzes once and I get a pop up screen. "Exception" Exception report to Samsung Pay and I can either cancel or open up an email app to send a log. Is this behavior normal when there is no swipe machine detected?

I'm assuming that because I've used package disabler pro, I've disabled something... any ideas?

*Edit* Not sure what I did but I think it's working now. I enabled everything (by accident) in Package Disabler Pro, then went through the settings again. Then I rebooted the phone and it seems to be working now.

Last edited:

phone-a-holic

Jun 15, 2012
Visit site
What's the benefit over fingerprint?
I would think that someone behind you could see your code and get ideas about steeling the phone from you.

No real reason. I just opted to not do the finger print. The person standing behind me can only see me about as much as the person behind me at the atm. So to me same same

syphex

Jun 6, 2010
Visit site
Wow, using Samsung Pay at a store that doesn't have an NFC reader and when it worked the look on the guys face was a mixture of "why is this guy touching my register/What the hell just happened(when the payment went through)" was priceless. Cool feature I do have to admit. Wish it supported my credit union though.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
smokedog87