Samsung pay officially released!!

SnoFire

Sep 1, 2015
Visit site
Does anyone have the apk for this and has anyone tried doing it on an S5? I know it isn't part of the list right now but you know it will be.

erasat

May 12, 2013
Visit site
Does anyone have the apk for this and has anyone tried doing it on an S5? I know it isn't part of the list right now but you know it will be.

First of all Galaxy S5 doesn't have the hardware (MST Coil) as in the S6 and latest. So if your idea is that just using it with NFC, that may be possible, BUT, it's not just to install some apps, this will need to be verified with Samsung servers and your phone's IMEI number and model and I highly doubt that they will allow other models and IMEI to be validated through them.

Kelly Kearns

Jan 10, 2012
Visit site

Why not use Android Pay since your phone isn't eligible? Even if it worked with NFC only, why sideload an app and put in your banking info, when you can get a 100% safe, Android Pay?

OceanView

Jul 13, 2012
Visit site
Why not use Android Pay since your phone isn't eligible? Even if it worked with NFC only, why sideload an app and put in your banking info, when you can get a 100% safe, Android Pay?

How widely accepted is Android Pay?
I tried Android Pay this week and it didn't work.
Then I tried Samsung Pay at the same place and it worked like a charm.

jeslevine

Mar 19, 2011
Visit site
At least in my case they only support one of my cards on my S6 edge+, and it is a debit card. My American Express, Chase, and Capital One cards are not supported. I certainly hope they add at least chase or capital one, or Samsung Pay will be pretty limited to me, and I will use Apple Pay on my iPhone. I did activate the one card, and applied for the free charging pad, which looks like the previous wireless charging pad, not the latest fast charging pad.

SnoFire

Sep 1, 2015
Visit site

I understand that but if I wanted Android Pay I would of put it on. That is why I asked because might be wondering the same thing.

EMY92

Apr 5, 2013
Visit site
I tried to use Samsung Pay again today. This time, the register didn't have NFC. I turned off NFC on the phone in case that was an issue last time.

The card reader put up an error screen. Since there was a line, I just swiped my card. So far I'm 0 for 2 in trying to use Samsung Pay.

A final thought, the gifts for the Note 5 & Edge 6+ owners really sucks. I bought the S6 due to Samsung Pay "coming soon". Then, it was coming this Summer, finally Fall arrived and Samsung Pay finally appeared. It sucks that folks that bought the first phones eligible for Samsung Pay then had to wait half a year get nothing. Thanks Samsung!

slpaige

Nov 14, 2012
Visit site
I've tried it a few times, once on a vending machine and once at the cafeteria where I work. Worked with no issues. I probably won't use it as much as I want until I can use my Discover card. (using BoA debit card right now to check it out)

Kelly Kearns

Jan 10, 2012
Visit site
You sure you don't work for a wireless company with that answer? lol.. Thanks for that but still doesn't answer my original question.

lol

I think the answer to your question is no, it will not work using NFC. Using NFC requires the vendor to sign up for the service, using MST they don't have to.

SnoFire

Sep 1, 2015
Visit site
lol

I think the answer to your question is no, it will not work using NFC. Using NFC requires the vendor to sign up for the service, using MST they don't have to.

Kelly, what are you talking about? My question was if anyone had the apk and tried it on the S5. NFC had nothing to do with my question.

Kelly Kearns

Jan 10, 2012
Visit site
Kelly, what are you talking about? My question was if anyone had the apk and tried it on the S5. NFC had nothing to do with my question.

The S5 only has NFC it doesn't have the MST technology. That is what I'm talking about. The S5 can't use Samsung Pay, it doesn't have the hardware and technology necessary.

r56mcs

Aug 30, 2015
Visit site
S5 doesn't have mst hardware necessary for Samsung pay. Even if apk works on your s5 it will only have nfc portion of Samsung pay and not mst which makes it unique.

SnoFire

Sep 1, 2015
Visit site
The S5 only has NFC it doesn't have the MST technology. That is what I'm talking about. The S5 can't use Samsung Pay, it doesn't have the hardware and technology necessary.

S5 doesn't have mst hardware necessary for Samsung pay. Even if apk works on your s5 it will only have nfc portion of Samsung pay and not mst which makes it unique.

Thank you..That makes more sense and answers the question. Which sucks...

bujd

Nov 7, 2013
Visit site
American Express (at least their regular charge cards -- green, gold, platinum) is supported. It's just a pain in the neck to activate. When I tried to activate my Amex, I got an error message in the app that I needed to contact the issuer. I called Amex and, after going through several operators, none of whom understood what I was talking about (one actually thought I was trying to pay Samsung for something), I was connected to the right person. She had to authorize something on her end to make it possible for me to use my Amex with Samsung Pay. So, try calling Amex. It might be frustrating, but they will and can authorize Amex cards for Samsung Pay.

ab304945

Dec 20, 2010
Visit site

There is an apk out there. You won't find it here and I won't tell you where to find it.

I wouldn't trust and app that comes from someone nobody knows, with my bank info.

Posted via the Android Central App

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Non