Samsung pay officially released!!

maf113

Nov 15, 2009
Visit site
Alright I was able to use Samsung Pay on Monday. Made payment with no problems. After the recent Verizon update the version I download the other day no longer works. When I bring up the app in the Play Store I get the notice that it is not compatible with my device. So Samsung provided a working app and Verizon broke it. Thanks Verizon.

Posted via the Android Central App

Attachments

• 793.jpg
    793.jpg
    35.5 KB · Views: 77

TheDonJ77

May 13, 2011
Visit site
On another note. Has anyone recieved the wireless charger or the case from the Samsung pay announcement.
Nope, still back ordered with no delivery date in sight. Really kinda crappy on Samsung's part. They should have at least had some units in stock to be shipped out

Sent from Da Beast, AKA, The classy white, Galaxy Note 5

maf113

Nov 15, 2009
Visit site
So did all the updates and Samsung Pay is working again for me. Just went to the local coffee shop and paid with my Note 5. The clerk said "that won't" stopping in mid sentence and the register spewed out a receipt. She exclaimed "I didn't know Apple Pay worked here." my response was, "it doesn't and this is not an IPhone it is a Samsung Galaxy Note 5 and it does work here."

adelmundo

Mar 25, 2011
Visit site
The look on the cashiers face when they never seen samsung pay in action never gets old

To this day after using it for a few weeks, I still get a kick out of seeing cashiers' surprised faces. It's even more fun when they mention if their iPhone can do that, and I tell them only Galaxy phones can do that.

r56mcs

Aug 30, 2015
Visit site
Worked great at Target store self check out. I love it!!

Cashier at jack in the box must have seen Samsung pay before. She was totally cool and knew exactly what to do with my phone.

Mastabrozif2

Aug 7, 2015
Visit site
Worked great at Target store self check out. I love it!!

Cashier at jack in the box must have seen Samsung pay before. She was totally cool and knew exactly what to do with my phone.

I know Jack in the Box has had NFC payments for a while so she was probably familiar with it from that.

cohoman

Apr 16, 2011
Visit site
FYI, I noticed the other day that Trader Joe's has terminals that accept Apple Pay and Android Pay (it was clearly marked). I used Samsung Pay successfully, but I wondered afterwards did the transaction process through NFC or a simulated magnetic swipe connection?

r56mcs

Aug 30, 2015
Visit site
FYI, I noticed the other day that Trader Joe's has terminals that accept Apple Pay and Android Pay (it was clearly marked). I used Samsung Pay successfully, but I wondered afterwards did the transaction process through NFC or a simulated magnetic swipe connection?

You touch completely different part off the terminal. You have to know

Mastabrozif2

Aug 7, 2015
Visit site
You touch completely different part off the terminal. You have to know

Yeah, for Trader Joe's prior to having Samsung Pay I used Android pay and the NFC is on the screen itself. If you had your phone near the card swipe then you did the transaction through NFC. If you had your phone near the actual screen then you did it through NFC.

radyoactive

Sep 1, 2010
Visit site
Used it yesterday at best buy. When I tapped the terminal it asked for a Pin and the cashier told me to hit cancel and he asked for last 4 digits of the card. I gave him the 4 digits of the virtual card and it processed.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
AmeliaRodriguez